Author Topic: Cartel 'Ringleader' Brought Fentanyl Into NC and VA  (Read 779 times)

rangerrebew

Cartel 'Ringleader' Brought Fentanyl Into NC and VA
« on: July 13, 2021, 04:12:56 pm »

7 hours ago

NEWPORT NEWS, VA – On Monday, Ramiro Ramirez-Barreto, 44, was sentenced in federal court to 33 years in prison, after he pleaded guilty to drug trafficking. 

The Mexican national who worked for the Sinaloa Cartel, was the leader of an extensive drug distribution network that supplied fentanyl, heroin and cocaine “to numerous drug trafficking organizations in Newport News, Virginia, and in Henderson and Greensboro, North Carolina,” according to the Department of Justice.

In 2019, Ramirez-Barreto was one of 45 drug traffickers arrested as a result of “Operation Cookout.”

All 45 suspects have since pleaded guilty and only a few are still awaiting sentencing.

In a press release, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District Of Virginia stated:

https://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/post/cartel-ringleader-brought-fentanyl-into-nc-and-va

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Cartel 'Ringleader' Brought Fentanyl Into NC and VA
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 12:58:14 am »

7 hours ago

NEWPORT NEWS, VA – On Monday, Ramiro Ramirez-Barreto, 44, was sentenced in federal court to 33 years in prison, after he pleaded guilty to drug trafficking. 

The Mexican national who worked for the Sinaloa Cartel, was the leader of an extensive drug distribution network that supplied fentanyl, heroin and cocaine “to numerous drug trafficking organizations in Newport News, Virginia, and in Henderson and Greensboro, North Carolina,” according to the Department of Justice.

In 2019, Ramirez-Barreto was one of 45 drug traffickers arrested as a result of “Operation Cookout.”

All 45 suspects have since pleaded guilty and only a few are still awaiting sentencing.

In a press release, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Eastern District Of Virginia stated:

https://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/post/cartel-ringleader-brought-fentanyl-into-nc-and-va

@rangerrebew

ALL 45????

YIKES! That prosecutor sure had his ducks in a row,didn't he?

Now,the question is,are they going to a federal prison,or a state prison. If going to a federal prision,the next news report we hear of any of them will be their obits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 11:13:20 am »
How many of them are illegals?  The illegals will be deported shortly after sentencing.  Any wagers on how quickly they return to their drug-smuggling careers?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2021, 02:35:36 pm »
How many of them are illegals?  The illegals will be deported shortly after sentencing.  Any wagers on how quickly they return to their drug-smuggling careers?

@Kamaji

Seriously? 

WHY?

They should serve their full sentences,and THEN be deported.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2021, 02:42:09 pm »
@Kamaji

Seriously? 

WHY?

Whether they should serve the entire sentence or not, it is my understanding that some are simply deported on the basis of their conviction, without having served their sentence.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2021, 03:55:00 pm »
Whether they should serve the entire sentence or not, it is my understanding that some are simply deported on the basis of their conviction, without having served their sentence.

@Kamaji

So basically,they can come to America,commit any crime they want,and them pull their "I am not an American/get out of jail free card",and go back home to start all over again?

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2021, 03:57:27 pm »
@Kamaji

So basically,they can come to America,commit any crime they want,and them pull their "I am not an American/get out of jail free card",and go back home to start all over again?

That is, unfortunately, my understanding of what can happen.  I don't think it happens all the time, and I don't have statistics, so I can't put money where mouth is right now - sorry - but I understand that it does happen, particularly with drug arrests/convictions for importation.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2021, 04:18:01 pm »
That is, unfortunately, my understanding of what can happen.  I don't think it happens all the time, and I don't have statistics, so I can't put money where mouth is right now - sorry - but I understand that it does happen, particularly with drug arrests/convictions for importation.

@Kamaji

Ifn ah wur da spiscis tipe,ah mite spect sumwun wuz gittin pade ta do dis.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 04:18:48 pm by sneakypete »

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2021, 02:14:58 am »
@Kamaji

Seriously? 

WHY?

@sneakypete @Kamaji

This was the answer to that very subject back in 2014

Originally Answered: If you committed a crime and are getting deported, does the person serve time 1st and then get deported, or just gets deported right away?
That's an interesting question. You would think “Why waste money on people that will get deported?” It would be too easy. Someone commits a crime and the worst that can happen to him/her is getting deported.

In fact you have to do all your time (in federal it’s at least 85% of your sentence) and get deported. It usually means they transfer you to an immigration prison (or county jail) to wait for the deportation procedures.

But then there is this

https://nortontooby.com/node/15812#booktext

§ 6.21 1. General Rule

Skip to § 6.

For more text, click "Next Page>"

The INA provides the noncitizen must complete service of the criminal sentence before being deported:  “the Attorney General may not remove an alien who is sentenced to imprisonment until the alien is released from imprisonment.  Parole, supervised release, probation, or possibility of arrest or further imprisonment is not a reason to defer removal.”[1]

Despite this statute, the criminal sentencing judge may decide to impose a shorter sentence if convinced that the defendant will surely be deported upon the conclusion of that sentence.  The prosecutor may agree with this approach, in order to avoid unnecessary expenditure of public funds on incarcerating a person who, if not incarcerated, would permanently be deported from the United States and who therefore would not be present to cause any risk to public safety or workload for the criminal courts and prosecutors.  On the other hand, if the court and prosecutor believe the defendant if deported would speedily and illegally return to the United States, this argument would hold less weight.

The law does allow a noncitizen who has been ordered removed to “self-remove” at his or her own expense to any destination s/he chooses after a removal order has been granted.[2]  See § § 15.31-15.33, infra.  Moreover, a noncitizen can always leave the United States voluntarily prior to the issuance of a removal order.  See § 15.30, infra.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2021, 02:15:59 am by GtHawk »