Author Topic: Conservatives in Name Only  (Read 261 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Conservatives in Name Only
« on: July 12, 2021, 01:18:19 pm »
Conservatives in Name Only

The term “CINO” may be just what we need to sort the wheat from the chaff in political philosophy in America, just as “RINO” helps us understand American party politics.

By Robert Curry
July 11, 2021

In a recent piece here at American Greatness, I wrote: “It would be helpful if we had a term to designate this chorus of American voices that claims to be against the Progressives and yet, like the Progressives, rejects the founders’ idea of America.”

This group deserves a name—and a name for them that catches on could do some good, the kind of good that “RINO” does.

“RINO”—Republican In Name Only—is one of the more useful terms we have in our contemporary political lexicon. A RINO is a person who claims to be a Republican yet often, or even as often as politically possible, votes with the Democrats. We use this term to clarify a basic reality of American party politics.

Hitchhiking on the success of “RINO,” let’s consider “CINO”—Conservative In Name Only (pronounced “kie-no” to rhyme with RINO). An American who claims to be a conservative and yet rejects the founders is a CINO.

Examples are easy to find. Brad Littlejohn provides an excellent one. In a recent book review at The American Conservative, he enthusiastically promoted a book which argues natural rights do not exist. Think about that: the founders staked their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor on the proposition that we have rights that are natural, unalienable, and inherent. In America, it’s the Progressives who reject the self-evident truth about our rights proclaimed by the founders. What’s a supposed American conservative doing arguing there are no natural rights? Why, revealing that he is actually a CINO, of course. I discussed Littlejohn’s review and other examples of CINOs at work here.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/07/11/conservatives-in-name-only/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Conservatives in Name Only
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2021, 02:14:51 pm »
How does one differentiate between a fiscal conservative and a RINO since Bush '43 administration's abandonment of conservative principles of limited government, fiscal discipline, and no taxpayer bailouts of failed private companies?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2021, 11:33:10 pm »
How does one differentiate between a fiscal conservative and a RINO since Bush '43 administration's abandonment of conservative principles of limited government, fiscal discipline, and no taxpayer bailouts of failed private companies?

The object of your hatred hasn't been President for over 20 years.  Find another hobby horse.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2021, 11:39:35 pm »
Is it pronounced like "Sino" like "Kino" or like "Chino"?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2021, 11:46:15 pm »

:shrug: :shrug:

I pronounce it "Piece of Shit."

George Carlin said, "You can spell your name S.M.I.T.H, But you can pronounce it "Ginopska if you like.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2021, 11:48:04 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2021, 12:41:09 am »

I don't know about others, but I pronounce it "Sino", as in the prefix for things relating to China.
Let it burn.