Author Topic: Derek Hunter: A Pilgrimage To Real America  (Read 72 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Derek Hunter: A Pilgrimage To Real America
« on: July 11, 2021, 01:52:29 pm »
A Pilgrimage To Real America
Derek Hunter

Posted: Jul 11, 2021 12:01 AM

It was nice. Actually, it was glorious. What was the “it” of which I speak? It wasn’t the Stanley Cup finals, though I am glad Tampa Bay prevented the Cup from returning to Canada. And it sure as hell wasn’t anything the Biden administration did, ever, because it’s awful. No, it was my journey to real American – a land before masks where human beings shake hands and don’t look like a nation taken over by ultra-radical Islamists where every face must be covered. I, ladies and gentlemen, got the hell out of the Washington, DC, area, and spent a week in Michigan.

My 4-year-old daughter Quinn manages to insert a new syllable into the state’s name – making it “Michinigan” – and turning the entire state into the land where her grandpa lives, with seemingly fluid borders that extend only slightly beyond all that can be seen while grandpa is also seen. “Are we going to back to Grandpa’s in Michinigan?” we were asked after every excursion, even just to the store.

But we did leave Michinigan often, venturing out into the wilds of reality beyond the beltway, where few people are ruled by decrees from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or whatever the latest outrage Rachel Maddow’s staff has manufactured. The “Delta variant” is not on anyone’s mind, and the only “Karens” you come across are people actually named Karen who couldn’t be nicer.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2021/07/11/a-pilgrimage-to-real-america-n2592325
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34