Author Topic: Biden’s Climate Contradiction: OPEC, US Drilling, And Rising Gas Prices  (Read 487 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Climate Change Dispatch 7/7/2021

As cognitive dissonance goes, this is a classic. President Biden’s explicit policy goal is to reduce U.S. oil and gas production, limiting the global supply of fossil fuels in the name of fighting climate change.

Yet his Administration is now imploring the OPEC oil cartel to pump more oil so U.S. gasoline prices don’t rise more than they already have on Mr. Biden’s watch.

Oil prices climbed to a six-year high on Tuesday after the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries and Russia failed to agree on increasing production quotas.

The Ad­min­is­tra­tion is wor­ried that higher gas prices could un­der­mine Mr. Biden’s cli­mate agenda and spend­ing plans. Re­pub­licans have been link­ing his veto of the Key­stone XL pipe­line with higher gas prices.

The two aren’t di­rectly re­lated. But no Key­stone does mean that more crude from Canada and the north­ern Bakken Shale will have to move by rail to U.S. re­fin­ers.

This is con­tribut­ing to higher freight de­mand and prices, as well as supply-chain bot­tle­necks, all of which are adding to in­flation­ary pressure.

More: https://climatechangedispatch.com/bidens-climate-contradiction-opec-us-drilling-and-rising-gas-prices/

Offline thackney

...Oil prices climbed to a six-year high on Tuesday...

Also know as return to Obama pricing...
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline DefiantMassRINO

They must destroy America to save Mother Earth.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.