Author Topic: When Stores Close Due To Rising Crime, Urban Blight Is Back — And It Will Get Worse  (Read 1281 times)

Online corbe

When Stores Close Due To Rising Crime, Urban Blight Is Back — And It Will Get Worse

We've gone down this path before for virtually the exact same bleeding-heart reasons, and we lived through the tremendous pain of the results.

By Christopher Bedford
JULY 7, 2021

Six Target stores in San Francisco are adjusting their times, opening hours later and closing hours earlier to try to curtail soaring theft.

They join Walgreens, which has closed 17 stores over five years in direct response to criminal activity. Last month, a video went viral of a hooded and masked man riding his bike into a San Francisco branch of the chain, loading a trash bag with merchandise, and riding back out — past a powerless security guard and two others filming on their phones.

Early Monday evening, at least nine men and women smashed cases and stripped shelves in San Francisco’s high-end Neiman Marcus store, fleeing with a fortune in designer handbags. The brazenness is out of control, is goaded on by the normalization of masks, and it’s all directly enabled by district attorneys and other politicians.

The Golden City is joined by nearby Sacramento and Los Angeles, where retail crime has spiked, but across the country as district attorneys from Massachusetts to Missouri to Texas have declared they won’t defend citizens from theft, the story has gone much the same.

While it’s insane that crime is so severe and law enforcement so nonexistent in a wealthy city that businesses must close their doors early or shut them entirely, there’s more in store. Far more ominous than a sign of how bad things have gotten, darkened windows and shuttered doors reveal just how much worse things are going to get.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2021/07/07/when-stores-close-due-to-rising-crime-urban-blight-is-back-and-it-will-get-worse/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online rustynail

A Federal Judge should force them be open the hours their 'shoppers' are used to.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
A Federal Judge should force them be open the hours their 'shoppers' are used to.

Such an act would not surprise me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline LMAO

Why is society, or at least some in society, determined to accommodate the criminal and the feral?

At what point are these communities held responsible for their  behaviors?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Why would any chain store keep re-opening in high crime zip codes?  Why pay the insurance premiums because of actuary tables that make them prohibitive?

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Why would any chain store keep re-opening in high crime zip codes?  Why pay the insurance premiums because of actuary tables that make them prohibitive?

They're "woke," on the way to becoming "broke."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Criminals are adaptable and resourceful, close the stores in the high crime areas and they will set up carpools to take their shopping to new and better neighborhoods. And the best part for the chain stores is that they will never actually lose money in the end, they will simply recoup it by charging higher prices to everyone else.

Offline mountaineer

When Stores Close Due To Rising Crime, Urban Blight Is Back
Seems like a "well, DUH" moment.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Criminals are adaptable and resourceful, close the stores in the high crime areas and they will set up carpools to take their shopping to new and better neighborhoods. And the best part for the chain stores is that they will never actually lose money in the end, they will simply recoup it by charging higher prices to everyone else.

Absolutely, although I was coming from the notion that since the "Hands up - Don't Shoot" baloney, inner city retail outlets are conducting business while a lit fuse burns.

'Exhibit A' is the national CVS drugstore chain on North Street, downtown Baltimore.

Even electronic gates can't keep the feral MFers. away.  Who would even want to work in that environment?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
rusty opined:
"A Federal Judge should force them be open the hours their 'shoppers' are used to."

I posted before in a similar topic:
Time for "Directive 10-289" ...