Author Topic: Global minimum tax spurned by 9 countries, complicating new deal  (Read 703 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Global minimum tax spurned by 9 countries, complicating new deal

A group of 130 nations reached a groundbreaking agreement last week for a global minimum tax rate on corporations, but the tentative deal has been complicated by a handful of countries that refused to endorse the blueprint. 

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen announced Thursday that 130 of the 139 countries in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development agreed to a long-sought conceptual framework to overhaul the global tax system, including a minimum rate of at least 15% on multinational corporations, regardless of where they operate.

But nine countries – Barbados, Estonia, Hungary, Ireland, Kenya, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, St. Vincent, Peru and the Grenadines – did not sign the tentative framework.

BIDEN'S PROPOSED 39.6% TAX HIKE WOULD HIT THESE INDIVIDUALS, FAMILIES

The group of three European Union countries – Estonia, Hungary and Ireland – resisting the revamp of the corporate tax is perhaps most significant, because a unanimous decision may be required among the 27-member bloc in order for it to adopt the initiative.

Ireland, which has a 12.5% corporate tax rate, said it has "reservations" about the proposal, but suggested is open to continuing negotiations and reaching an agreement that it can support.

"I was not in a position to join the consensus on the agreement and specifically a global minimum effective tax rate of ‘at least 15%’ today," Irish Finance Minister Paschal Donohoe said. "I have expressed Ireland’s reservation, but remain committed to the process and aim to find an outcome that Ireland can yet support.".....................

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/global-minimum-tax-rejected-nine-countries
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Re: Global minimum tax spurned by 9 countries, complicating new deal
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2021, 03:44:28 am »
We will soon see just how much Geo Soros deep state world corruption, bought with the American peoples money can buy internationally. 
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline AARguy

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 05:16:27 am »
The beginning of the end of sovereign nations.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2021, 07:51:55 am »
Corporations don't pay taxes--their customers do.

This is a regressive tax disguised as sticking it to the rich, but, in reality will most severely impact those at the bottom of the food chain in the form of lower wages and higher prices.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis