Author Topic: Allen West will challenge Texas Gov. Abbott in GOP primary  (Read 1229 times)

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Allen West will challenge Texas Gov. Abbott in GOP primary
« on: July 04, 2021, 07:43:18 pm »

https://www.fox44news.com/news/political-news/allen-west-will-challenge-texas-gov-abbott-in-gop-primary/

<snipit>
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Republican Allen West, the former Florida congressman and firebrand who rode into office on the tea party wave a decade ago, said Sunday that he will run for governor of Texas in a bid to again seize on restless anger from the right.

His odds are far longer this time around: Republican Gov. Greg Abbott, who is up for a third term and may also be eyeing a 2024 presidential bid, has already locked up the endorsement of Donald Trump — whose voters West would need to have any shot at winning a GOP primary in Texas.

The hurdles don’t stop there. Abbott is the most prodigious fundraiser of any governor in America, having started the year with nearly $40 million already socked away, and West is shunned by powerbrokers in his own party. Last month, West stepped down as chairman of the Texas GOP after spending a year using the platform to antagonize Abbott and other Republicans who he deemed insufficiently conservative.

=====================================================================================

Really like Col. West, but the "carpetbagger" factor will make me pull the lever for Abbott.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Allen West will challenge Texas Gov. Abbott in GOP primary
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 07:53:16 pm »
So West thinks he can beat a Republican Governor who is popular for his conservative positions?

Why??
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 07:57:24 pm »
So West thinks he can beat a Republican Governor who is popular for his conservative positions?

Why??

Really is a head scratcher.  Col. West could have chosen a half dozen other states to challenge that would have done the conservative movement some good.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 09:19:46 pm »
BREAKING: Allen West Declares Candidacy For Texas Governor, Will Challenge Abbott For GOP Nomination
"I am now drawing my sword, and I would draw that line in the sand, and I will ask you to stand with me, to preserve the future, the legacy of Texas," said West.

more
https://nationalfile.com/breaking-allen-west-declares-candidacy-for-texas-governor-will-challenge-abbott-for-nomination/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 09:35:52 pm »

Why??

Because Abbott screwed the pooch with his handling of the "pandemic" among other things.

I'm not saying that West will beat him but at least some light might hit some dark corners.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 10:57:26 pm »
Because Abbott screwed the pooch with his handling of the "pandemic" among other things.

I'm not saying that West will beat him but at least some light might hit some dark corners.

I'm holding my fire until I know if West is trying to wreck the party so you get a Rat Governor.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 12:09:54 am »
I'm holding my fire until I know if West is trying to wreck the party so you get a Rat Governor.

:bkmk:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 01:13:36 am »
Lawsuit: NCPA claims mismanagement during CEO Allen West's tenure led to bankruptcy

Southeast Texas Record By David Yates | Jul 14, 2020

https://setexasrecord.com/stories/542613222-lawsuit-ncpa-claims-mismanagement-during-ceo-allen-west-s-tenure-led-to-bankruptcy

DALLAS - A prominent and outspoken candidate campaigning to become the next chairman of the Texas Republican Party is being sued by a think tank for negligence and financial mismanagement that allegedly caused the organization to spiral into bankruptcy.

Allen West, a former U.S. representative, has amassed a significant war chest from prominent donors in his bid to oust incumbent state GOP chair James Dickey.

At the same time, West is being sued by Dallas-based National Center for Policy Analysis (NCPA), which claims that his brief tenure as CEO was marked by bad decisions and mismanagement that alienated donors and financially crippled the organization.

Under West's leadership, the NCPA hired a chief financial officer who was already on probation for embezzlement and who then dismantled the organization's fiscal controls.

The CFO (who is now in prison) embezzled more than $600,000 from the NCPA.

The lawsuit asserts that West and other board members misspent more than $1 million in restricted grant money on operations – including salaries, expenses and bonuses – and hid that information from the rest of the board and donors.

The NCPA was a once-thriving think tank credited with developing some of the Republican Party's most cherished public policy ideas, including Health Savings Accounts and Roth IRAs.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 03:16:14 am »
Why is Allen West doing this? GOV Abbott is very popular. He totally protects our 2d Amendment Rights to the point we have returned to the Constitution's intent here in Texas. He has banned CRT in schools to protect our children from racist brainwashing. He has guaranteed our Constitutional rights by fighting left wing efforts to limit our rights to open our businesses, go out to eat, visit the beach, worship and more. He has ensured that we do not become slave states like the blue north, down to the abolition of Obedience Mask requirements. He has done this while all the while ensuring COVID deaths remain much lower than those experienced in northern states.

He's a hero in defending Texas borders when the Biden administration fails to do so. His leadership is significant as nine other states are sending assets to Texas to help with border defense.

What is Allen West trying to accomplish, besides wasting any campaign funds he might have?

I've lived in Iraq, Pakistan, Kuwait and other places where freedom remains elusive. Those experiences made me appreciate the fact that I am an American. I have lived in California, New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania. Those experiences made me appreciate that I now live in Texas.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 06:59:16 am »
Slightly off Topic, but
To date, Florida, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, Georgia, South Carolina and now Nebraska have pledged law enforcement support to help at the border.
from https://www.thecentersquare.com/nebraska/nebraska-sending-troopers-to-texas-to-assist-with-border-crisis/article_c9ea7364-d38a-11eb-85f6-f30b7aff252e.html

I really don't see what West intends to offer Abbot has not. If someone can enlighten me in that regard, I'd like that. Otherwise, his efforts might be better spent in a State that could use a Conservative at the helm, and seems inclined to vote for one (GA?).

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2021, 01:36:26 pm »
Governor Abbott is not as popular as some seem to think due to his mishandling of the recent "pandemic" and Don Huffines, a proven conservative, would have given Abbott all he could handle in a two-man race so it is highly possible that West is doing this at the behest of Abbott's people. At least that is what I think about it.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2021, 02:43:25 pm »
Governor Abbott is not as popular as some seem to think due to his mishandling of the recent "pandemic" and Don Huffines, a proven conservative, would have given Abbott all he could handle in a two-man race so it is highly possible that West is doing this at the behest of Abbott's people. At least that is what I think about it.

@Bigun

At your advice, I looked up Don.  A good, solid platform (I take it he did not get the requirement for 30% turnout in Bond elections passed?).  Other than the COVID BS, is there good reason to replace Abbot?  Huffines has to make a case for how he'd have done better, in the environment of March-May, 2020.  I'd like to see that, because I have a GOP Governor that also screwed the pooch on that subject.  Mine is term-limited out in 2022, so it's not likely to affect things much in Arizona.
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2021, 03:08:51 pm »
@Bigun

At your advice, I looked up Don.  A good, solid platform (I take it he did not get the requirement for 30% turnout in Bond elections passed?).  Other than the COVID BS, is there good reason to replace Abbot?  Huffines has to make a case for how he'd have done better, in the environment of March-May, 2020.  I'd like to see that, because I have a GOP Governor that also screwed the pooch on that subject.  Mine is term-limited out in 2022, so it's not likely to affect things much in Arizona.

I am fine with a number of conservative choices, but my biggest worries is that some primary infighting might weaken the ticket.  And this dumbass looms, who at last poll article was only 3 points down to Abbott....

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2021, 05:29:07 pm »
@Bigun

@Cyber Liberty

It is only my own subjective opinions that I offer here but, to me, Abbott has been a weathervane governor under the strong influence of the Austin lobby who is highly likely to be re-elected handily despite my, and many others that I know, choosing to back Huffines. Especially so in a three, or more, man race. 

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2021, 06:44:59 pm »
@Cyber Liberty

It is only my own subjective opinions that I offer here but, to me, Abbott has been a weathervane governor under the strong influence of the Austin lobby who is highly likely to be re-elected handily despite my, and many others that I know, choosing to back Huffines. Especially so in a three, or more, man race.

That does lead us back to something.  It's disappointing Allen West would allow himself to be used as a stalking horse.  I could see Chucklebee doing it to nix somebody, but I thought West was cleaner than that.
I will NOT comply.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2021, 02:47:34 pm »
That does lead us back to something.  It's disappointing Allen West would allow himself to be used as a stalking horse.  I could see Chucklebee doing it to nix somebody, but I thought West was cleaner than that.
Even worse thought is he is a simple carpetbagger from another state.

Whoever supports secession the most gets my vote
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington