Author Topic: Arkansas governor ponders future in GOP turned Trumpian  (Read 1658 times)

Offline libertybele

Arkansas governor ponders future in GOP turned Trumpian
« on: July 04, 2021, 07:39:17 pm »
Arkansas governor ponders future in GOP turned Trumpian

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — Leading a state that went heavily for Donald Trump in the 2020 election and that has enacted some of the most aggressive laws on social issues, Republican Gov. Asa Hutchinson in Arkansas has been in the national spotlight this year.

But not for embracing the state’s Trumpian turn. It’s for distancing himself from it.

At a time when red state governors like Ron DeSantis in Florida and Kristi Noem of South Dakota are carrying forward Trump’s rhetoric and policies, Hutchinson is doing the opposite. He’s taking a contrarian position that’s making him an outsider in the state party he helped build and that now could test whether there’s a path forward for ambitious Republicans in the reddest parts of the country that doesn’t rely on the former president.

“He represents an important voice in the party, a voice that is relatively independent of any established consensus,” said Republican pollster Whit Ayres, whose firm worked with Hutchinson before he was governor. “He thinks for himself and there are a number of us in the party who find that refreshing.”..........

https://apnews.com/article/ar-state-wire-arkansas-health-coronavirus-pandemic-government-and-politics-225185f71f53fe9dda10f09964e16c71
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Re: Arkansas governor ponders future in GOP turned Trumpian
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2021, 07:54:10 pm »
I have a suggestion? GTFO!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2021, 07:56:15 pm »
In both 2016 and 2020 Trump carried the state by 27%

Asa...  You chose wrong.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 08:17:36 pm »
I thought I had read that Sarah Huckabee Sanders was thinking of running??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 09:38:09 pm »
Sorry, Asa...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 02:02:08 am by Fishrrman »

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 10:16:15 pm »
So what make Hutchinson so very important is that he disagrees, some, with Trump. Not that he’s an R governor.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 10:31:41 pm »
I say,"Thank him for outing himself,and then dump his ass!".
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!