Author Topic: Is Hunter Biden’s art worth $500,000? Here’s what a curator has to say  (Read 3319 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Is Hunter Biden’s art worth $500,000? Here’s what a curator has to say
by Charles Hilu
 | July 04, 2021 07:00 AM

When most professional artists begin their careers, they are often lucky not to starve. This general rule, like most rules, does not apply if you are the son of the president of the United States.

Hunter Biden, the son of President Joe Biden, recently started painting and has agreed to put some of his art up for sale in a gallery, some of which may fetch as much as $500,000.

“How much of that value is due to the art itself? That's easy: None of it,” wrote Jeffry Cudlin, professor of art curatorial studies and practice at the Maryland Institute College of Art, in an email to the Washington Examiner. “They're fine decorative amateur work. Hey, everybody needs a hobby!”

Though Biden’s artwork might raise an eyebrow or two, none of his paintings were particularly memorable, Cudlin said. They might fetch between $850-$3,000 for a buyer “to hang over someone’s couch.”

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/hunter-biden-what-art-curator-says
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Hunter Biteme's paintings resemble the art Motel 6 buys by the thousands to put in their rooms.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Hunter Biteme's paintings resemble the art Motel 6 buys by the thousands to put in their rooms.

Leave the lights off for me.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I've seen Renoir and Monet art at Christies and Sotheby's for less than $.5M in the past 5 years.  But this talentless hooker sniffer fetches more?

This is the most blantant in your face money laundering operation in my lifetime.  Why authorites are looking the other way just proves how corrupt much of our fed LEO operations are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I've seen Renoir and Monet art at Christies and Sotheby's for less than $.5M in the past 5 years.  But this talentless hooker sniffer fetches more?

This is the most blantant in your face money laundering operation in my lifetime.  Why authorites are looking the other way just proves how corrupt much of our fed LEO operations are.

It's at least as obvious as Jim Wright's "book deal."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
They might fetch between $850-$3,000 for a buyer “to hang over someone’s couch.”

If I had $850 - $3000 to spend on something to hang on a wall it would probably be black and in a caliber, it sure as hell wouldn't be anything from a coke head.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Now, now, it isn't the art, it's the frame, and all that goes with it. (Plus the "Big Guy"s" Ten percent).

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

Art has not been art since the rise of Picasso and the impressionists... 'Artists' that couldn't really 'art', so they sold the concept to the rubes... And it has been ever thus. Now a pickle photographed on a white piece of paper can be a priceless work... But it sure as hell ain't art.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Now, now, it isn't the art, it's the frame, and all that goes with it. (Plus the "Big Guy"s" Ten percent).

Pooches playing poker has more artistic value than Hunter Biden's crap
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

Art has not been art since the rise of Picasso and the impressionists... 'Artists' that couldn't really 'art', so they sold the concept to the rubes... And it has been ever thus. Now a pickle photographed on a white piece of paper can be a priceless work... But it sure as hell ain't art.
When I was young, leafing through the Britannica we had in our library, I saw reference to Duchamp's artwork "Nude Descending a Staircase". with bated breath, I flipped to the image, only to find...

Thus began my lifelong disappointment with "modern art" at an impressionable age...
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 06:42:25 am by Smokin Joe »

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
When I was young, leafing through the Britannica we had in our library, I saw reference to Duchamp's artwork "Nude Descending a Staircase". with bated breath, I flipped to the image, only to find...

Thus began my lifelong disappointment with "modern art" at an impressionable age...

One of my favorite Beverley Hillbillies episode is the one where the snooty art dealer/critic finds a Jackson Pollock like masterpiece at the Clampett mansion only to find out it was painted by Ellie May's chimp.  That to me, put a lot of the Modern Art skillfully in perspective.

I collect art, and I will say there is some redeeming value in modern art, especially the best Impressionist like Monet'. But I agree, I beleive it as a genre' are way overblown as a style.  I much more prefer modern Realists, and I have a few pieces that are so meticulously done, they look like photographs. And the best part, most I bought after the '08 crash, and are worth 5-10X what I paid for at auction.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 02:00:13 pm by catfish1957 »

Online roamer_1

Yeah... No thanks. I'll take Bob Ross with his 2" house brush. That's just magic.

Actually, art is almost nothing to me. It's part of that stuff a woman does to make a home... Entirely out of my ken. I have been in this cabin for maybe 7 years now, and the only pictures on the wall are ones that various women hung up for me and I left alone. Just ain't my gig.

Not that I don't know beauty when I see it. Lilly just made me a wolf clan beaded patch - And it is extraordinary - small beads in exquisite detail, as near to perfect as any hoomin could do. It is definitely going on my dress leathers, and will probably be on the throat guard, front and center.

Likewise, a deuce coupe with the rear fenders widened and fat , putting an almost female shape to that car, much the same as a well made hawg... Or a regal skyjacked Chevy coming around the corner or hoggin through a mudhole... Beautiful.

Or climbing on an outside book edge 500 ft off the ground - The fear and exposure heightening the experience - and the magnificent view, so glorious, and so rare - You cannot know it without climbing that edge.

So I get beauty... I do. Hanging it on the wall is what I don't get. Never did. But women do and that's good on em. I can't hardly tell what it is that they do, and would be hard pressed to point it out... But it's the thing that makes a house a home.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2021, 11:13:43 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Offline mountaineer

African-American Conservatives
4h  ·
Why are people always dissing Hunter’s artwork?
I think it’s pretty good!
dk

Offline andy58-in-nh

One of my favorite Beverley Hillbillies episode is the one where the snooty art dealer/critic finds a Jackson Pollock like masterpiece at the Clampett mansion only to find out it was painted by Ellie May's chimp.  That to me, put a lot of the Modern Art skillfully in perspective.

I collect art, and I will say there is some redeeming value in modern art, especially the best Impressionist like Monet'. But I agree, I believe it as a genre' are way overblown as a style.  I much more prefer modern Realists, and I have a few pieces that are so meticulously done, they look like photographs. And the best part, most I bought after the '08 crash, and are worth 5-10X what I paid for at auction.

Good post. I'm right there with you.

Most modern art is ugly, amorphous and emotionally barren.

As a younger man, I spent a great deal of time admiring and collecting copies of the works of Impressionists of the late 19th century, especially the French masters of the genre - Renoir, Matisse, Degas, Cézanne‎, Monet, and others. 

As I grew older, I became increasingly drawn to and admiring of the American Realists: Edward Hopper, Winslow Homer, George Bellows and Robert Henri. Many of them grew out of the early influence of the Impressionist school, and instead found beauty in more directly replicating the character and qualities of real, often gritty human life.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Good post. I'm right there with you.

Most modern art is ugly, amorphous and emotionally barren.

As a younger man, I spent a great deal of time admiring and collecting copies of the works of Impressionists of the late 19th century, especially the French masters of the genre - Renoir, Matisse, Degas, Cézanne‎, Monet, and others. 

As I grew older, I became increasingly drawn to and admiring of the American Realists: Edward Hopper, Winslow Homer, George Bellows and Robert Henri. Many of them grew out of the early influence of the Impressionist school, and instead found beauty in more directly replicating the character and qualities of real, often gritty human life.

Very good points.  The advent of the photograph late the 1800's is said to kill realism, and most of the Impressionist, and subsequent Abstract is garbage.  Art snobs who think this is takes great talent, is clueless.    Your list of artist is spectacular.  To that list, I'd like to add Bierstadt, and a few other of the Hudson River Painters.  I was finally able to win a Bierstadt Landscape  at auction a few years ago.  I became an art lover/collector about 20 years ago when I stood in front of a 10' X 10' Western Landscape Museum Bierstadt masterpiece.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 02:51:26 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline andy58-in-nh

Very good points.  The advent of the photograph late the 1800's is said to kill realism, and most of the Impressionist, and subsequent Abstract is garbage.  Art snobs who think this is takes great talent, is clueless.    Your list of artist is spectacular.  To that list, I'd like to add Bierstadt, and a few other of the Hudson River Painters.  I was finally able to win a Bierstadt Landscape  at auction a few years ago.  I became an art lover/collector about 20 years ago when I stood in front of a 10' X 10' Western Landscape Museum Bierstadt masterpiece.

@catfish1957

I certainly did not mean to leave out Bierstadt, one of the older members of the school, having been born in the early years of the 19th century. He excelled at landscapes, but also did real life:

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

C'mon, man! Everyone knows Hunter is an artist. His style is con.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

Is that paint on his shoes??  Hey, those shoes may be worth a few grand.  *****rollingeyes*****

« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 11:47:04 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

Is that paint on his shoes??  Hey, those shoes may be worth a few grand.  *****rollingeyes*****

I saw pictures of him blowing paint through a straw...makes me wonder if he ever gets that backward...

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

I saw pictures of him blowing paint through a straw...makes me wonder if he ever gets that backward...

:rolling: :rolling:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

As a bonus, the buyer gets a nice DNA sample from all the spittle he blows through the straw, along with the air.  A smarter fellow would probably use heavily regulated compressed air through some 1/8" tubing.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
He's too cheap to buy an air brush I see.

Offline Smokin Joe

He's too cheap to buy an air brush I see.
Maybe all the money is going directly to the big guy...after commissions, of course.

C S Lewis