Author Topic: Olympics Committee Softens Rules to Allow for Political Statements  (Read 804 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Olympics Committee Softens Rules to Allow for Political Statements

Dylan Gwinn 3 Jul 2021

On Friday, the International Olympic Committee (IOC) quietly modified its rule prohibiting athletes from making political statements during the Olympics.

The rule in question, Rule 50, has been a long-standing safeguard against allowing athletes to protest during the Olympic games. However, in response to mounting pressure from athletes and the recent controversy surrounding anthem-snubbing U.S. hammer thrower Gwen Berry, the IOC has moved to allow athletes much more leeway in expressing their political views.

According to USA Today:

Under the new guidance, athletes will be able to express their views on the field of play before competition so long is it is not targeted against people, not disruptive and not otherwise prohibited by national Olympic committees or international federations. Expressions during competition, in the Olympic village and during ceremonies — including medal, opening and closing ceremonies — remain prohibited under a longstanding rule in the Olympic charter baring ‘political, religious or racial propaganda.’

The move gives the athletes greater exposure for their protests and/or statements by allowing them to express their views on the playing field where cameras will find them. The IOC (in their view, probably) would dodge the appearance of sanctioning the protests by keeping them out of official ceremonies.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2021/07/03/olympics-committee-softens-rules-to-allow-for-political-statements/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Olympics Committee Softens Rules to Allow for Political Statements
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2021, 10:23:40 pm »
I probably won't be watching much of these Olympics...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2021, 11:05:24 pm »
They should NOT,  do that!  Don't they know it is always an INCH.....then a MILE,  BY THESE PEOPLE?

YES..THESE PEOPLE.   There go the olympics.   Not watching, either.  Maybe time to stop. 

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2021, 12:22:37 am »
What a bunch of crap. When you are there, a nation's Olympic team is an embassy of ambassadors.

Best behavior is expected because you are on foreign ground. For any other American over there, there is no George Floyd, Jim Crow, critical race theory or any other of that kind of garbage.

Spouting your steaming turd activism there is beyond disrespectful and downright imperialist.

The Republic is lost.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2021, 05:29:29 pm »
I probably won't be watching much of these Olympics...

"Performance Sports" like figure skating and gymnastics did that for me decades ago.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2021, 06:06:41 pm »
"Performance Sports" like figure skating and gymnastics did that for me decades ago.

Is bowling in this year? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2021, 06:41:54 pm »
I can't wait to see what political message the synchronized swimmers will give us.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2021, 07:42:27 pm »
To the topic...FTA:

Expressions during competition, in the Olympic village and during ceremonies — including medal, opening and closing ceremonies — remain prohibited under a longstanding rule in the Olympic charter baring ‘political, religious or racial propaganda.’

According to this, had that Gwen creature pulled her revolting antics on the Medal Stand in Tokyo, she would have been stripped of her 3rd Place Medal, then and there
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2021, 07:48:54 pm »
To the topic...FTA:

According to this, had that Gwen creature pulled her revolting antics on the Medal Stand in Tokyo, she would have been stripped of her 3rd Place Medal, then and there

This week, Gwen Berry celebrated her spot on the Olympic Squad by going down on the entire Blue Man Group.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2021, 10:34:17 pm »
Not to worry Olympic Committee I won't be bothering to watch so it won't affect me. If these athletes want to make political statements shouldn't they just go pro? I have really only watched or cared about sports at the time my daughter was playing fastpitch and went to Nationals and now only my grandson playing baseball, I have no interest in any professional sport or athlete.

Can someone help me out to understand what the big deal is in wearing the jersey of a professional athlete?