Author Topic: US troops vacate Afghan airbase after nearly 20 years  (Read 390 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
US troops vacate Afghan airbase after nearly 20 years
« on: July 02, 2021, 05:24:44 pm »
US troops vacate Afghan airbase after nearly 20 years
By Jordan Williams - 07/02/21 07:29 AM EDT

U.S. troops have vacated the Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan after nearly 20 years as a full withdrawal from the nation nears completion, according to multiple reports.

U.S. officials told The Associated Press that the airfield was handed over to the Afghan National Security and Defense Force.

However, one official told AP that Gen. Austin Miller, the U.S.’s top commander in Afghanistan, “still retains all the capabilities and authorities to protect the forces.”

Bagram was the U.S. and NATO’s biggest military facility in Afghanistan. Pentagon spokesperson John Kirby said last month that Bagram would be turned over as part of withdrawal, though he did not confirm the timing.

Zabiullah Mojahid, a spokesperson for the Taliban, told CNN that the withdrawal from Afghanistan is a “positive step.”

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/561283-us-troops-vacate-afghan-airbase-after-nearly-20-years-as-withdrawal-nears
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Re: US troops vacate Afghan airbase after nearly 20 years
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 05:27:35 pm »
Time for China to step in and show the world how it is done.

Online rustynail

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2021, 09:49:57 pm »
Sky News Shows Taliban Seizing Abandoned US Bases & "Treasure Trove" Of Weapons, Ammo

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/sky-news-features-footage-showing-taliban-seizing-abandoned-us-bases-abundant-weapons

Offline dfwgator

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2021, 09:54:15 pm »
Impeachable Offense.

Just finishing Bammy's agenda.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.