Author Topic: Richardson will miss Olympic 100 after marijuana test  (Read 584 times)

Offline mountaineer

Richardson will miss Olympic 100 after marijuana test
« on: July 02, 2021, 01:56:21 pm »
Richardson will miss Olympic 100 after marijuana test
    By EDDIE PELLS and PAT GRAHAM AP Sports Writers
    Updated 22 min ago | Posted on Jul 2, 2021
(AP) -- American champion Sha'Carri Richardson cannot run in the Olympic 100-meter race after testing positive for a chemical found in marijuana.

Richardson, who won the 100 at Olympic trials in 10.86 seconds on June 19, told of her ban Friday on the “Today Show.” She tested positive at the Olympic trials and so her result is erased. Fourth-place finisher Jenna Prandini is expected to get Richardson's spot in the 100.

Richardson accepted a 30-day suspension that ends July 27, which would be in time to run in the women's relays. USA Track and Field has not disclosed plans for the relay. ...

Her case is the latest in a number of doping-related embarrassments for U.S. track team. Among those banned for the Olympics are the reigning world champion at 100 meters, Christian Coleman, who is serving a suspension for missing tests, and the American record holder at 1,500 and 5,000 meters, Shelby Houlihan, who tested positive for a performance enhancer she blamed on tainted meat in a burrito. ...
More

She claims she needed weed to cope with her mother's death, although she referred to the woman in the post-race interview as her "biological mother" who didn't actually raise her.  :shrug:

These Olympic games will be a joke. The USA will be fortunate to win any medals in track and field at this rate. I would blame Nike for all these drug test fails, but the other shoe sponsors are just as bad.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Richardson will miss Olympic 100 after marijuana test
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2021, 02:23:08 pm »
At 27, and a seasoned athlete, this woman had to know the policy and implications of lighting one up.

She took the risk, and now will pay. Fair?  That's up to debate.  But dumb?  She wins an award for that.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2021, 02:27:04 pm »
She's only 21. Ran one year at LSU, then went pro. Track aficionados speculate she was juiced (not weed, but Nike's magic potions). Her physique is not terribly feminine, but she claims she's steroid-free.

Richardson said, "This is just one (Olympic) Games, I'm 21, I'm very young. Unlike most, I have plenty of Games left in me to compete in and I have plenty of talent that backs me up because everything I do comes from me naturally, no steroid, no anything.

"This incident was about marijuana, so after my sanction is up I'll be back and able to compete and every single time I step on the track I'll be ready for whatever anti-doping agency to come and get what it is that they need." Reuters

Certainly, weed wouldn't make one run faster, but it's still a banned substance, and she knew it when she lit up.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2021, 02:28:59 pm »
Drugs are bad.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2021, 02:47:56 pm »
She should just say she's a tranny, then she'll get in.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2021, 03:14:15 pm »
Well if they are going to kick people out of the Olympics for marijuana,  there goes the US Men's Basketball Team.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2021, 03:28:09 pm »
Well if they are going to kick people out of the Olympics for marijuana,  there goes the US Men's Basketball Team.

And that would be a hoot.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.