Author Topic: Democrats renew court packing calls, blast the Supreme Court's final two decisions of term  (Read 463 times)

Online libertybele

Democrats renew court packing calls, blast the Supreme Court's final two decisions of term

Democrats on Thursday expressed their displeasure with the Supreme Court's final decisions of its 2020-2021 term, accusing the justices of doing "severe damage" to the political system and in some cases re-upping their calls to pack the court with liberal justices appointed by President Biden.

One decision was on a challenge to Arizona election laws, including a ban on ballot harvesting. The other was about a California law that required nonprofits to disclose their largest donors to the state government for law enforcement purposes.

The court upheld the Arizona laws – which liberals saw as voting rights restrictions and conservatives saw as election security measures – and struck down the California law on the grounds that it chilled free speech.

Biden weighed in on the Arizona decision in a statement that was remarkably critical of the Supreme Court for a sitting president.

"I am deeply disappointed in today’s decision by the United States Supreme Court that undercuts the Voting Rights Act," Biden said. "In a span of just eight years, the Court has now done severe damage to two of the most important provisions of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 – a law that took years of struggle and strife to secure.".           

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-blast-supreme-court-final-two-decisions-term-court-packing
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

....  undercuts the Voting Rights Act   .... bull!!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Nobody outside of caregivers or close family members should have the right to touch your ballot. The very idea of it breaks every rule of good chain of custody.

If a ballot can be mailed to you, it can be mailed back. The libs have no valid argument here.
The Republic is lost.

Online libertybele

Nobody outside of caregivers or close family members should have the right to touch your ballot. The very idea of it breaks every rule of good chain of custody.

If a ballot can be mailed to you, it can be mailed back. The libs have no valid argument here.

....but they still want to pack the courts, and unfortunately, I think they will.

Offline LMAO

....but they still want to pack the courts, and unfortunately, I think they will.

They want to but it's not happening
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy