Author Topic: Pete Buttigieg: ‘Every’ Transportation Decision is About ‘Justice’  (Read 438 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pete Buttigieg: ‘Every’ Transportation Decision is About ‘Justice’

Kyle Olson 30 Jun 2021

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg said Tuesday his department views everything through an “equity” lens and “every” transportation decision is about “justice.”

Buttigieg was in Syracuse, New York, to tout an infrastructure package at I-81, where planners intend to “replace the I-81 viaduct with a grid of ground-level streets and reroute high-speed traffic to I-481.”

“Jobs, safety, prosperity, racial justice cannot be separated from transportation,” Buttigieg said during a news conference, according to NNY360. “That’s part of why we’re here. Every decision about transportation is necessarily a decision about justice.”

Buttigieg asserted racism was behind where the road was routed when it was built in the late 1950s.

“The planners behind it also made choices that often routed highways through black and brown neighborhoods, doing lasting damage,” he told Newschannel 34.

But others in the community did not seem pleased to hear Buttigieg’s rhetoric:

Leaders outside of the city worry the damage will shift to their suburban communities. They’ve constantly complained about not having their opinion heard.

[The town of] DeWitt worries about more traffic on I-481 through its neighborhoods and exiting traffic onto local streets. Salina fears its businesses, built along I-81, will fail without customer traffic. People in Skaneateles worry about more truck traffic.

When asked how the federal government could help whichever neighborhoods negatively impacted by the redesign, Buttigieg said, “Often, there are resources to make sure if there is an impact, it can be cushioned in a different way. Those are conversations we’re happy to have.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/30/pete-buttigieg-every-transportation-decision-is-about-justice/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
We elected and re-elected Obama to prove we are not racist, so here we are, EVERYTHING IS racist, Racist, RACIST!  believing THEIR FALSE LIES ACCUSATIONS and promises, you are still racist, Racist, RACIST!  Get it yet ???????
Black holes are not the DENSEST MATERIALS OF THIS UNIVERSE!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Pete Buttigieg: ‘Every’ Transportation Decision is About ‘Justice’

Fishrrman:
EGADS !!!

(and this guy could get picked to be kamala sutra's VP)

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Can this buttboy sound any more idiotic?  One would think this is a comedy skit, it is so out there!

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The boy couldn't even fix the potholes when he was mayor of Bendover Indiana.  Guys a fake.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The boy couldn't even fix the potholes when he was mayor of Bendover Indiana.  Guys a fake.
I was going with bigot, racist and incompetent ASS.