Author Topic: Judge Tosses Gun Case, Grand Jury Too White  (Read 234 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Judge Tosses Gun Case, Grand Jury Too White
« on: June 29, 2021, 05:18:00 pm »
https://nypost.com/2021/06/29/judge-tosses-nyc-gun-case-over-racial-makeup-of-grand-jury/

Judge Tosses Gun Case, Grand Jury Too White
June 29, 2021
Ben Feuerherd

A federal judge in Manhattan tossed an indictment against a Bronx shooting suspect because of a lack of racial diversity in the White Plains grand jury pool — the first such ruling since city cases were moved to the suburban county amid the pandemic.

Judge Analisa Torres sided with defendant William Scott, who had argued that black and Hispanic people were underrepresented in the grand jury pool that returned an indictment against him in June of last year.

Scott was charged with possessing ammunition in connection to a shooting in the Bronx, but was charged in the Southern District of New York’s White Plains division.

His attorney had argued that because Scott was charged in the White Plains division — instead of the district’s more diverse Manhattan division — prosecutors excluded potential jurors from southern counties of the district.

More at URL above...

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Judge Tosses Gun Case, Grand Jury Too White
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 05:36:52 pm »
Racial tension and bias is only getting worse. BLM and Antifa were allowed to rule by their rioting.  Here we sit.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.