Author Topic: Florida condo building collapse: Biden to travel to Surfside on Thursday  (Read 345 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Florida condo building collapse: Biden to travel to Surfside on Thursday
Biden has authorized DHS and FEMA to coordinate disaster relief efforts

By Brooke Singman | Fox News

President Biden and first lady Jill Biden will travel Thursday to Surfside, Florida, where the collapse of a beachfront condo building last week left 10 dead and more than 150 people still unaccounted for.

The White House has not yet provided further details of their trip, but the president and first lady are likely to visit the site of the collapse of the Champlain Towers South.

White House press secretary Jen Psaki on Tuesday told reporters that the president and the first lady will "thank the heroic first responders, search and rescue teams, and all those who've been working around the clock."

The president and first lady are also expected to meet with the families who "have been forced to endure this terrible tragedy, waiting in anguish and heartbreak for word of their loved ones to offer them comfort as the search and rescue continues."

"And they want to make sure that state and local officials have the resources and support they need under the emergency declaration approved by the president for Miami-Dade, Florida," Psaki said Tuesday, noting that the visit is being "closely coordinated with officials on the ground to ensure it does not provide any critical local resources from ongoing search and rescue operations or have any negative operational impact."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/florida-condo-building-collapse-biden-surfside

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why not travel to the border area Joe and see a lot more devastation than Surfside?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 05:10:07 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I hope DeSantis shows up to offer his take on Biden's photo op of a visit where Sippy-Cup Joe will undoubtable blame Trump for the collapse.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I hope DeSantis shows up to offer his take on Biden's photo op of a visit where Sippy-Cup Joe will undoubtable blame Trump for the collapse.

We'll see what happens.   Should DeSantis be there if Biden accuses Trump, we'll soon see if DeSantis has the backbone to tell Biden to pack sand.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1409946464214736898

Methinks the Biden trip also has a lot to do with Kamala and her staff referring to Biden and his staff as the Titanic.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 10:28:35 pm by Right_in_Virginia »