Author Topic: Gretchen Whitmer Blames Climate Change for Flooding After Many Detroit Pumps Lacked Power  (Read 694 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gretchen Whitmer Blames Climate Change for Flooding After Many Detroit Pumps Lacked Power

Kyle Olson 28 Jun 2021

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) blamed climate change for flooding that occurred in Detroit last weekend, but dozens of pumping stations lacked power.

Whitmer addressed reporters from the middle of the closed interstate, which was submerged underwater nearby.

“These are hard days. Three weeks into my time as governor, we had the Polar Vortex,” a winter storm that plunged the region into a deep freeze.

“Then we had COVID, then we had a 500-year flooding event” in the Midland area after rain overwhelmed dams. “Now we have another big flooding event,” she complained.

“This is climate change,” Whitmer declared. “This is a moment and a need for us to help one another, but also to do the hard work of protecting ourselves going forward and that is doing everything we can to address climate change and building resilient infrastructure.”

The governor also said, “we’ve got to decrease our carbon footprint.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/28/gretchen-whitmer-blames-climate-change-flooding-many-detroit-pumps-lacked-power/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

I read about this last night and saw pictures of the flooding. I used to travel over an hour to get to work when I lived in MI and had to take the I94 corridor.  I lived there for over 20 years and had never heard of flooding.

COVID??? Winter Vortex?  Come on Gretch, you need to get a little more creative. 

I thought it was just I94, but I95 is flooded as well!                                       

https://www.fox2detroit.com/video/949078   
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.