Author Topic: Michigan Bill Would Ban Critical Race Theory from Schools  (Read 340 times)

rangerrebew

Michigan Bill Would Ban Critical Race Theory from Schools

Kyle Olson24 Jun 202159

A bill introduced in the Michigan House on Wednesday bans Critical Race Theory and “race or gender stereotyping” in schools.

State Rep. Andrew Beeler (R) introduced HB 5097, which would prohibit the state Board of Education and local school boards “from explicitly or implicitly including a set of statements, beliefs or ideas related to race and gender stereotyping in core academic curriculum for public elementary, middle and secondary schools.”

“Students go to school to learn, and our curriculum should not be teaching students to stereotype each other based on race or gender or to view themselves or their country poorly as a result,” Beeler said in a statement. “My plan will promote respect among Michigan students and patriotism for the United States and the opportunity it provides to all, regardless of one’s background.”

Similar to a resolution in California’s Paso Robles Joint Unified School District, the Michigan bill would prevent teaching the following theories:

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/06/24/michigan-bill-ban-critical-race-theory-schools/

Online libertybele

Re: Michigan Bill Would Ban Critical Race Theory from Schools
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2021, 09:34:42 pm »
I'm hoping that it passes.  Florida has banned CRT from schools as well.

Students go to school to learn and should not be subjected to liberal ideology.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2021, 09:51:35 pm »
No way Gov Whitless would sign that bill if it passes.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2021, 09:56:12 pm »
No way Gov Whitless would sign that bill if it passes.

In the back of my mind, I was thinking that as well. She has been a terrible governor for the people of MI.  I am so thankful that we no longer live there.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2021, 09:57:23 pm »
In the back of my mind, I was thinking that as well. She has been a terrible governor for the people of MI.  I am so thankful that we no longer live there.

She is the new Atilla the Hen.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.