Author Topic: Gov. DeSantis expects Surfside mayor to make tower evacuation decision soon  (Read 351 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
In my mind, I would think evacuation orders should be implemented until the bldg. has been inspected and deemed safe and habitable. I understand that the mayor wouldn't want to displace people unnecessarily, but under the circumstances I think evacuation orders are prudent -- better safe than sorry.                               

Gov. DeSantis expects Surfside mayor to make tower evacuation decision soon

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced local officials have discussed evacuating the sister building to the Champlain Condos that collapsed this week. DeSantis made those comments during a press conference on Saturday and explained he had spoken with Surfside mayor Charles Burkett regarding the matter.

The Florida governor explained while he hasn’t heard of any known danger regarding the north tower, which stands just 100 yards from the collapsed structure, the move to evacuate would ultimately be up to Burkett. Residents of the north tower have remained there since the collapse as city planners work to determine if an evacuation is necessary........

https://www.oann.com/gov-desantis-expects-surfside-mayor-to-make-tower-evacuation-decision-soon/
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline dfwgator

Of course no matter what happens, the Press will slam DeSantis, it's what they do.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Of course no matter what happens, the Press will slam DeSantis, it's what they do.

Yes they never let a tragedy go to waste.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.