Author Topic: Gov. DeSantis expects Surfside mayor to make tower evacuation decision soon  (Read 347 times)

Offline libertybele

In my mind, I would think evacuation orders should be implemented until the bldg. has been inspected and deemed safe and habitable. I understand that the mayor wouldn't want to displace people unnecessarily, but under the circumstances I think evacuation orders are prudent -- better safe than sorry.                               

Gov. DeSantis expects Surfside mayor to make tower evacuation decision soon

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced local officials have discussed evacuating the sister building to the Champlain Condos that collapsed this week. DeSantis made those comments during a press conference on Saturday and explained he had spoken with Surfside mayor Charles Burkett regarding the matter.

The Florida governor explained while he hasn’t heard of any known danger regarding the north tower, which stands just 100 yards from the collapsed structure, the move to evacuate would ultimately be up to Burkett. Residents of the north tower have remained there since the collapse as city planners work to determine if an evacuation is necessary........

https://www.oann.com/gov-desantis-expects-surfside-mayor-to-make-tower-evacuation-decision-soon/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dfwgator

Of course no matter what happens, the Press will slam DeSantis, it's what they do.

Offline libertybele

Of course no matter what happens, the Press will slam DeSantis, it's what they do.

Yes they never let a tragedy go to waste.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.