Author Topic: Intel analysis: Afghan government could collapse six months after US troops withdraw  (Read 746 times)

rangerrebew

Intel analysis: Afghan government could collapse six months after US troops withdraw

Afghanistan’s government could collapse as quickly as six months after all U.S. troops withdraw from the country, according to new analysis from the U.S. intelligence community.

The new assessment, which differs starkly from previous positive analysis, comes after the Taliban made battlefield gains in Afghanistan, including the seizure of a key district in northern Kunduz province this week.

Taliban forces have also besieged Mazar-e-Sharif this week, the provincial capital of Balkh.

https://thehill.com/policy/defense/559894-intel-analysis-afghan-government-could-collapse-six-months-after-us-troops

rangerrebew

Intelligence is more optimistic then I, :pondering:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I give it three if we're lucky.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Afghan government could collapse six months after US troops..."

Six months?
It won't last six weeks.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Do we care, should we care? How many years have we defended and propped up Afghanistan with American lives and dollars after they were supposed to have learned to do it themselves. Hell if this was America we were talking about it would be lazy ass democrats expecting others to do while they drank, toked and screwed on the taxpayer dime. To hell with them, if after all this time they didn't grow the balls and will to hold their country maybe they don't deserve it and we damn well shouldn't be there one day longer certainly not waiting to give Captain Dementia a platform denigrating the memory and lives lost on 9/11 and it's aftermath.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The bottom line is you aren't going to deal with Afghanistan till you deal with Pakistan, and they are a nuclear power.
The Republic is lost.