Author Topic: Pence unloads on Trump: Former VP says 'nothing more un-American than idea that one person could cho  (Read 11165 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pence unloads on Trump: Former VP says 'nothing more un-American than idea that one person could choose the president' and he'll always be proud of certifying results after Trump rebuked him

Former Vice President Mike Pence said he was proud to certify the election results on Jan. 6, despite the disruption caused by the Capitol riot
    It was one of his most direct public departures from former President Donald Trump, who contests the results of the 2020 presidential election
    Pence was speaking to a crowd at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library on Thursday
    He still touted his and Trump's record during their four years in office, comparing Trump to Reagan
    Pence rarely speaks about the events of Jan. 6 when a mob of Trump supporters stormed the Capitol
    The last time was June 3, when Pence said he would never 'see eye-to-eye' with his former boss on the events of that day 

By Peter Belfiore For Dailymail.Com

Published: 02:15 EDT, 25 June 2021 | Updated: 08:29 EDT, 25 June 2021

Former Vice President Mike Pence was proud to certify the presidential election results on Jan. 6  after a deadly riot at the US Capitol, he said in his most direct and pointed departure from former President Donald Trump.

Speaking to a crowd at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library on Thursday, Pence said it was his duty under the Constitution to certify the results, and while he made no direct mention of his former boss, he appeared to distance himself from Trump, who still disputes the results of the Electoral College tally.

'I will always be proud that we did our part on that tragic day to reconvene the Congress and fulfilled our duty under the Constitution and the laws of the United States,' Pence said.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9724167/Pence-departs-Trump-says-proud-certify-election-results.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
No one was asking you to select the president, but it was your duty to ensure the integrity of the election!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online kevindavis007

No one was asking you to select the president, but it was your duty to ensure the integrity of the election!

Which he did..

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That was a nice moral high ground sidestep, but the reality is that Pence regardless of which way he went WAS singlehandedly picking a President.

Certifying a vote means there were no shenanigans, of which there were many. Pence chose to ignore them, and he did indeed pick a President.
The Republic is lost.

Online kevindavis007

No! He did not and neither did SCOTUS.

They obeyed the Consitution.

Online kevindavis007

That was a nice moral high ground sidestep, but the reality is that Pence regardless of which way he went WAS singlehandedly picking a President.

Certifying a vote means there were no shenanigans, of which there were many. Pence chose to ignore them, and he did indeed pick a President.

It was over when Trump lost his 60th case. There were no shenanigans.. Pence did his duty to the Constitution first.  Trump lost fair and square. Snowflake.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Bovine fecal matter! They did no such thing.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Bullshit. SCOTUS is the court of original jurisdiction in issues between the States, and refused to even examine the evidence in the Texas suit, which had the support of over 20 other States

They did not do their job, leaving Texas and the other States without legal recourse.

At issue was the clear violation of election rules set by non-legislative entities, in violation of the US Constitution.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

It was over when Trump lost his 60th case. There were no shenanigans.. Pence did his duty to the Constitution first.  Trump lost fair and square. Snowflake.

And almost all were dismissed on standing. And you are also not the Pope, and proclamations of no shenanigans have no weight because the matter has never been investigated.

Sorry if that intrudes on your rough-tough-creampuff CNN gay bravado.
The Republic is lost.

Online kevindavis007

Bullshit. SCOTUS is the court of original jurisdiction in issues between the States, and refused to even examine the evidence in the Texas suit, which had the support of over 20 other States

They did not do their job, leaving Texas and the other States without legal recourse.

At issue was the clear violation of election rules set by non-legislative entities, in violation of the US Constitution.

You wish.. He lost fair and square.. There was no evidence of Fraud.. I don't know who told you, but the fact remains, there was no proof that he was robbed. Those who are saying it are making you look like jackasses.

Online kevindavis007

And almost all were dismissed on standing. And you are also not the Pope, and proclamations of no shenanigans have no weight because the matter has never been investigated.

Sorry if that intrudes on your rough-tough-creampuff CNN gay bravado.

I don't watch CNN.. You tried and failed. Like Trump did.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Pence's remarks are not helpful.  He and Trump need to stop debating this by proxy through interviews and speeches.

The path forward is for all conservatives and Rs to close ranks in support of state-level reforms so that elections become secure and credible, and in opposition to Congressional D or DOJ attempts to stop those reforms.  Furthermore all future SCOTUS nominees should be grilled thoroughly about "standing" and about the original jurisdiction of SCOTUS to hear disputes among the states.
James 1:20

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

You wish.. He lost fair and square.. There was no evidence of Fraud.. I don't know who told you, but the fact remains, there was no proof that he was robbed. Those who are saying it are making you look like jackasses.

You ought to parse though the Election thread that night, and witness what both @Right_in_Virginia and I watched and said while the election tallies mysteriously stalled in 6 or 7 key states at about 12:30 a.m. my time....   and then suddenly starts reversing in all those states toward Biden simultaneously.  It's no mystery or accident why many polls are showing that 30% of population believes this election was stolen.

To me...you are the one coming off as a jack ass, and FOS.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online kevindavis007

You ought to parse though the Election thread that night, and witness what both @Right_in_Virginia and I watched and said while the election tallies mysteriously stalled in 6 or 7 key states at about 12:30 a.m. my time....   and then suddenly starts reversing in all those states toward Biden simultaneously.  It's no mystery or accident why many polls are showing that 30% of population believes this election was stolen.

To me...you are the one coming off as a jack ass, and FOS.

You do realize that the mail-in ballots came in later. Right? I'm not the idiot who believes in Conspiracy theories.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

You do realize that the mail-in ballots came in later. Right? I'm not the idiot who believes in Conspiracy theories.

No you are just a delusional NT'er who sticks his head in the sand, believes the bullshit the MSM and Big Tech feeds him, and naively believes that election results can not be manipulated.  Something happened (and it wasn't a phantom water leak) that led to all these swing states to simutaneously start reversing their result trends.....  all at the same time.  If you believe that this wasn't rigged.....   I don't know what to say
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 08:44:25 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

Well, at this point, it is largely moot. You got what you want, and you're gonna get it--good and hard.

Our military is being gutted and turned into romper room for social degenerates, if not being aimed at the people, even as we are being invaded by unprecedented swarms of foreigners at the behest of this administration. Enjoy your new police state, where federal gestapo are picking up people in the early morning for merely attending a rally while letting criminals roam free. Our currency is being inflated, our energy independence squandered, and our enemies enriched and emboldened by the amateurs in the government, even as weaknesses are exposed by the idiot in charge.

Saying Biden won? Not in my neck of the woods (82% for Trump in my county).

You broke it, you bought it. Hey. at least you tweeterites don't have to put up with all those nasty tweets.
And on the odd days when the lights are on, you can charge up your oversized golf cart and drive, well, somewhere close.

I'm no hardcore Trump fan, but I could and did see the good things he did, in spite of a less than cooperative Congress and constant attack.

But Pence will NEVER get a vote from me.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

Why don’t you wait until the Az & Ga audits are over.

5 will get you 20 you’ll be back here mewling about how they were rigged.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

I'm no hardcore Trump fan, but I could and did see the good things he did, in spite of a less than cooperative Congress and constant attack.

But Pence will NEVER get a vote from me.

Not a Trump fan either, but I can smell a rat a mile away.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Why don’t you wait until the Az & Ga audits are over.

5 will get you 20 you’ll be back here mewling about how they were rigged.

Someone here at TBR has a massive list of links that have iron clad and ancecdtoal proof a many many many cases of dimocratic fraudluent election tactics in '20.  If they are watching, I hope they can ping Kevin Davis with that list.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical

I don't watch CNN.. You tried and failed. Like Trump did.

Well you're down to playground logic.

That didn't take long.
The Republic is lost.

Offline skeeter

Someone here at TBR has a massive list of links that have iron clad and ancecdtoal proof a many many many cases of dimocratic fraudluent election tactics in '20.  If they are watching, I hope they can ping Kevin Davis with that list.
Won't matter. @kevindavis and one or two other TBR kiddies aren't interested in addressing inconvenient facts, they only show up to neener-neener, and they're gone in a cloud of dust.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 09:31:55 pm by skeeter »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@kevindavis

What part of the Constitution requires him  to certify a stolen election?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Pence came across as a flaccid wimp January 6th, and was pail as a sheet as this unfolded  He doesn't have the nads to be POTUS as far as I am concerned.