Author Topic: McConnell: Membership in Discriminatory Clubs Is ‘a Disqualifier’ for Nominees Before Judiciary Comm  (Read 362 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McConnell: Membership in Discriminatory Clubs Is ‘a Disqualifier’ for Nominees Before Judiciary Committee That Whitehouse Sits On

Ian Hanchett 23 Jun 2021

On Wednesday’s broadcast of Fox News Radio’s “Guy Benson Show,” Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) discussed the controversy over Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse’s (D-RI) beach club membership by stating that the Senate Judiciary Committee, which Whitehouse is a member of, looks at whether judicial nominees have memberships in private clubs that discriminate as part of the vetting process, and nominees who don’t resign from such organizations don’t have their nominations acted on.

McConnell said, “[Y]ou might be interested to know that when we vet, on the Judiciary Committee — upon which Sheldon sits — when they vet judges, one of the things they look for [is] do they have private club memberships that discriminate? And if they don’t resign from them, they don’t act on them. So, I think, in a large part of our country, including there on the Judiciary Committee when they vet judges — in fact, I remember a judge a number of years ago, a good guy, who resigned from a club…otherwise, he wouldn’t have been confirmed.”

He added, “I don’t have any particular observation about Sheldon. What I do know is that, for a long time, on the Judiciary Committee, as part of the vetting process for federal judges, this question is asked and if they don’t — if they belong to one…they’re given the opportunity to resign, typically, but it’s a disqualifier to be a federal district judge.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/23/mcconnell-membership-in-discriminatory-clubs-is-a-disqualifier-for-nominees-before-judiciary-committee-that-whitehouse-sits-on/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Blacks wanting segregation from the white rassiss hoards should embrace Whitehouse doing the same.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.