Author Topic: Liberals React to Defeat of 'For the People Act'  (Read 206 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liberals React to Defeat of 'For the People Act'
« on: June 23, 2021, 01:17:27 pm »
Liberals React to Defeat of 'For the People Act'
Leah Barkoukis

Posted: Jun 23, 2021 7:30 AM

Liberals did not handle the news well that Senate Republicans used the filibuster to block the Democrats’ corrupt “For the People Act”—a federal takeover of the local elections. Despite President Biden warning that “democracy is in peril,” not a single Republican supported opening debate on the bill. From politicians to pundits, the left reacted as you’d expect.   

"Our American Democracy is in peril, and today, every single Senate Republican voted against saving it. Democrats will not be deterred in our fight,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said in a statement. "Our Republic is at a crossroads, and it is up to us to save it."

Over at CNN, Chris Cuomo spoke of the "existential battle" taking place and sounded off on Democrats for not being prepared.

“Here we are again talking about using a minority party using the filibuster to allow them to keep suppressing the votes of minorities and others,” he said. “It is an existential battle. This is not about left and right. It is about right and wrong. I don’t understand how you can see two sides on this…”

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarkoukis/2021/06/23/liberals-react-defeat-of-for-the-people-act-n2591412
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Liberals React to Defeat of 'For the People Act'
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2021, 01:21:10 pm »
I don’t understand how you can see two sides on this…”

CNN's new slogan.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2021, 01:28:59 pm »

CNN's new slogan.

Very accurate. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2021, 01:45:10 pm »
Kabuki Theater. It was never going to pass. Now the pubbies get to act like they won something and the crats have something to whine about

SOSDD... And the band plays on.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2021, 01:52:16 pm »

CNN's new slogan.

It also explains a great deal about the Progressive mindset.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn