Author Topic: Candace Owens and Brandon Tatum Are Not Who They Pretend to Be  (Read 171 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Candace Owens and Brandon Tatum Are Not Who They Pretend to Be
By Jennifer Oliver O'Connell | Jun 21, 2021 7:00 PM ET

I recently had a commenter on my Juneteenth article accuse me of attacking political celebrity Candace Owens personally.

Trust me, I can be the snarky mean girl if I wanted to be, and there is plenty of fodder with which to attack her personally. But, I’ve never done that on these pages, and I never will. If I want to write that type of stuff, I’ll go work for Deadline.

What I have attacked and will continue to do, is Conservative, Inc.’s propping Owens up as an authority on Blacks, Black conservatism, and conservatism in general. Owens is so not, and the rants she goes on, mostly via Twitter and her new Daily Wire show, reflect this.

I am not going to belabor all the points that make Owens a so-called conservative heroine with huge feet of clay. Kira Davis did it so well over a year ago in this article, and if you missed it, I recommend you read it. If you read it, then read it again. Here’s a little taste:

What is problematic for me and others like me is that White conservatives (and some Black conservatives) have gleefully thrust Owens into the position of not only speaking for all Black conservatives, but for the Black community.

more
https://redstate.com/jenniferoo/2021/06/21/candace-owens-and-brandon-tatum-are-not-who-they-pretend-to-be-n400398
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

Re: Candace Owens and Brandon Tatum Are Not Who They Pretend to Be
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 04:02:17 pm »
Not helpful. Owens’ message is what is important, not her person.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Candace Owens and Brandon Tatum Are Not Who They Pretend to Be
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2021, 08:45:36 pm »
What is problematic for me and others like me is that White conservatives (and some Black conservatives) have gleefully thrust Owens into the position of not only speaking for all Black conservatives, but for the Black community.

Um, isn't this exactly what every fill in the name Black democrat/celebrity/BLM/politician does? Likewise don't Hispanic, White, fruitloop, celebrity democrat do the same thing?