Author Topic: AOC calls out ‘white men’ who voted against Juneteenth  (Read 457 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
AOC calls out ‘white men’ who voted against Juneteenth
« on: June 21, 2021, 07:33:43 pm »
AOC calls out ‘white men’ who voted against Juneteenth

By Jon Levine

June 19, 2021 | 3:55pm | Updated

Queens Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called out her House GOP colleagues who voted against establishing “Juneteenth” as a federal holiday.

“They were all men and they were all white. Like all white men. There weren’t even women. Like no diversity in it,” AOC told TMZ in an on-the-street interview on Capitol Hill.

“It just goes to show that there is a lot of denialism and that also kind of ties into why they don’t want us to teach the history of racism in our school either,” she added, taking a shot at statewide GOP efforts to curb critical race theory being taught in public schools.

Juneteenth marks the formal end of slavery in the United States and is the first new federal holiday in 40 years. Though there were 14 GOP defectors, the holiday vote unanimously passed the Senate and had overwhelming bipartisan support.

“Our federal holidays are purposely few in number and recognize the most important milestones,” Manhattan Rep. Carolyn Maloney said in a statement. “I cannot think of a more important milestone to commemorate than the end of slavery in the United States.”

With Post Wires
https://nypost.com/2021/06/19/aoc-calls-out-white-men-who-voted-against-juneteenth/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: AOC calls out ‘white men’ who voted against Juneteenth
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2021, 07:57:40 pm »
Not everything needs to be a National Holiday. But one more day a year the government isn't doing anything right now is a plus.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2021, 08:05:37 pm »
Somebody tell AOC that upon electing and re-electing Obama, that would end all race card playing of democrats,  After all, democrats swore it would be so.  Suckers bought it hook, line, and sinker!
Doobie Bros; What a FOOL believes!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2021, 10:47:01 pm »
The KKK and similar groups HAVE to be loving this!

I'm guessing they will be sending her birthday and Christmas Presents.

She has to be one of the best recruiters the white power loons have ever seen.

I know there is no way in HELL the mainstream press is going to report this until maybe a month or so before the election to try to scare people in to voting Dim,but I am guessing that the KKK and similar groups are setting enrollment records.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2021, 11:46:58 pm »
Like, will she please shut up, like, you know, now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2021, 11:51:57 pm »

If she would have born a few years earlier ...someone could have gagged her with a spoon. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2021, 11:53:46 pm »

Unfortunately she is the "voice" of the new Democrats, you know, the ones, that are more bat crap crazy than the rest of them.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2021, 12:21:58 am »
Unfortunately she is the "voice" of the new Democrats, you know, the ones, that are more bat crap crazy than the rest of them.

@libertybele

And that is taking in some serious territory.

Remember back when Dims only spoke their minds with each other,and sometimes tidbits would slip out?

Boy,are THOSE days gone!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!