Author Topic: Sen. Portman: 11 GOP Senators ‘Absolutely Committed’ to Infrastructure Deal — It Helps Biden Keep Pl  (Read 675 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Pam Key 20 Jun 2021

Senator Rob Portman (R-OH) said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that the 11 Republican senators working on an infrastructure deal are “absolutely committed to it.”

Anchor Chuck Todd said, “There are many Democratic activists whispering in the administration’s ear. You think you have 11 Republicans, and the deal dies, or this is being dragged back. How committed is this group of 11 Republicans to sticking by this bill even if Mitch McConnell says he can’t vote for it?”

Portman said, “I think we’re absolutely committed to it. I think there’s a number of others as well on both sides of the aisle. Last week I heard from a lot of my colleagues saying I just need to look at one other issue, can you do this, do that. There’s a lot of interest in having a bipartisan proposal. Chuck, this is growing the vote from the middle out. Unfortunately, that’s where we are right now in Congress. It’s more likely we’ll have success in doing that. You recall at the end of last year, we did the same thing with regard to a COVID-19 package which helped to get that final package done at the end of the year after really almost a year of no activity on something that was really necessary. This is the same thing. Everybody wants to do infrastructure. President Trump had a $2 trillion package he was proposing. President Biden proposed one in his campaign. By the way, this helps President Biden keep that pledge of having an infrastructure package, but also to keep his pledge of doing things cross the aisle and getting something done.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/20/sen-portman-11-gop-senators-absolutely-committed-to-infrastructure-deal-it-helps-biden-keep-pledge/#
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

I am so sick of this "bipartisan" garbage.

Every time a "bipartisan" bill passes we find out later all kinds of things are in the bill conservatives would never support and the "bipartisan" Pubs are "shocked".

Watch this infrastructure bill include amnesty, legalized ballot harvesting, etc.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am so sick of this "bipartisan" garbage.

Every time a "bipartisan" bill passes we find out later all kinds of things are in the bill conservatives would never support and the "bipartisan" Pubs are "shocked".

Watch this infrastructure bill include amnesty, legalized ballot harvesting, etc.

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
When virtue compromises with evil, virtue ALWAYS loses.  As the IQ test goes; People that refuse to learn the lessons of history, ARE DOOMED TO REPEAT THEM.  Both apply in this case.  Fools love falling into traps set for fools.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
bilo complained:
"I am so sick of this "bipartisan" garbage."

Indeed.
As Cyber was kind enough to put up the George Carlin quote.

This IS NOT a time for "bipartisanship".
Quite the contrary, it is a time for traditional-minded Americans to BECOME "new partisans".

And it's getting closer to that point when such partisanship must become "extreme", if we are to save the country of our forebears, or at least a substantial part of it, to emerge as "a new homeland" for ourselves...

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
These are 8 GOP Senators that must be remembered at the next election time.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions