Author Topic: Defense budget is a future Homer Simpson problem: 'I do not envy that guy'  (Read 173 times)

rangerrebew

Defense budget is a future Homer Simpson problem: 'I do not envy that guy'
By Frederico Bartels -
Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Homer Simpson was never meant to be a role model. Not as a father, and not as a leader. For example, even when he realizes he’s making a lot of bad decisions, he simply brushes it off and plows ahead, stating “That is a problem for future Homer. Man, I do not envy that guy!”

It’s funny to watch a cartoon character do that. It’s not so funny, however, when a real-life leader responds that way. Unfortunately, “problems for our future leaders” is exactly the situation the Biden administration has set up by proposing a Pentagon budget that does not even keep up with the rate of inflation.

Make no mistake — the Pentagon faces major challenges. It needs a larger Navy to counter China’s massive buildup; our Air Force is short of fighters; the Army needs to modernize; and all the services still have readiness issues.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/16/frederico-bartels-defense-budget-future-homer-simp/