Author Topic: Major cities ‘refund the police’ as crime skyrockets and businesses backfire  (Read 588 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Major cities ‘refund the police’ as crime skyrockets and businesses backfire
Citizens fight back with lawsuits, secession from cities in quest for increased safety

By Sumner Park FOXBusiness

One year after the movement to "defund" police saw cities slash budgets and cut funding, the U.S. has seen an uptick in crime. Homicides alone are up 24% since January and more than 70% of people in a recent Fox News Poll said they believe crime is on the rise nationally. As a result, the pendulum may be swinging back in favor of the police.

"Now some cities are refunding the police department," FOX Business’s Stuart Varney said on Varney & Co.

Cities like New York City, Oakland, Baltimore, Minneapolis and Los Angeles are planning to reinstate tens of millions for the construction of new police precincts, increase police department budgets, among other plans to bankroll more efforts to confront the uptick in crime.

Overall, in several of the nation's largest local law-enforcement agencies, city and county leaders want funding increases for 9 of the 12 departments where next year’s budgets have already been proposed, with increases ranging from 1% to 6%, according to the Wall Street Journal.

New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio announced that the city will return $92 million for a new precinct after the project had been cut last summer. The move comes in the wake of a reported 16 shooting incidents and five homicides last weekend. New York Police Department (NYPD) crime data shows that shooting incidents in the Big Apple are up 68% year-to-date and up over 30% within the past month. 

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/major-cities-refund-the-police-as-crime-skyrockets-and-businesses-backfire
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline PeteS in CA

Were I an officer who bailed out of one of those cities there is no way in Hades I’d go back. Officers in those PDs have targets on their backs and some of those “shooting” at them are the same city council goons who defunded the cities’ PDs.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio announced that the city will return $92 million for a new precinct after the project had been cut last summer. The move comes in the wake of a reported 16 shooting incidents and five homicides last weekend. New York Police Department (NYPD) crime data shows that shooting incidents in the Big Apple are up 68% year-to-date and up over 30% within the past month."

We can evade reality.
What we cannot evade are the consequences of evading reality.

- Ayn Rand

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Headline does not mention that they are also losing police and residents, mostly well-heeled ones that pay lots of taxes.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2021, 01:18:57 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Were I an officer who bailed out of one of those cities there is no way in Hades I’d go back. Officers in those PDs have targets on their backs and some of those “shooting” at them are the same city council goons who defunded the cities’ PDs.
Yep, especially since you know there will be added restrictions like more minorities, more sensitivity training, etc.  Who needs that crap?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington