Author Topic: Why I Need an AR-15  (Read 325 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why I Need an AR-15
« on: June 09, 2021, 02:49:58 pm »
Why I Need an AR-15
A man disarmed by his government is not a citizen—he’s a subject.
By Daniel Gelernter
June 8, 2021

I don’t need an AR-15 for hunting: It’s not even legal to take a deer with one in my state—the caliber is too small. I also don’t need an AR-15 for self-defense, though I’d want to have one if someone broke into my house. And I certainly don’t need one just because it’s a beautiful piece of engineering. I need an AR-15 because the government doesn’t want me to have one.

Governments hate private weapons, and have always hated them. In Europe, traditionally only gentlemen (that is, originally, only knights) were allowed to carry a sword. In Japan, the samurai’s right to carry his sword came along with the right to kill any commoner who offended him—uchisute or “strike and abandon.” In Soviet Russia, private weapons were illegal, as they still are in China. And when Hitler’s Germany swept through Holland, Belgium, and France in 1940, they put up notices giving the locals 48 hours to hand over private firearms or face death (by shooting).

When England prepared to defend herself against a threatened Nazi invasion, the Home Guard was armed in part with private weapons, as well as by rifles donated by Americans, who were the only people in the world with guns to spare. These were among the weapons confiscated and destroyed when Britain banned firearms in 1997.

There are only two forms of government: One where the people are afraid of the government, and one where the government is afraid of the people. Whoever has the weapons is the ruling class, and there is only one case in all history, only in America, that the ruling class has actually been the common man.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/06/08/why-i-need-an-ar-15/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Re: Why I Need an AR-15
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 07:19:33 pm »
I don't recall seeing anything regarding a declaration of "need" in the Second Amendment.

The freedom to own a gun is a human right.

It's a human right because owning weapons is how humans remain free.

So, sure, you don't "need" a rifle.    You shouldn't be required to state your "need".   You shouldn't even be queried by the government whether or not you possess firearms, not on your person, not in your vehicle, not in your home.   None of their business.

If some friend asks why you have guns, "Because I can" is almost as good as "because I should".   But the best answer to "why are you buying a gun" is another question, "why don't you have one?"
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2021, 07:22:27 pm »
Why not?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 07:29:46 pm »
I don’t need an AR-15 for hunting: It’s not even legal to take a deer with one in my state—the caliber is too small.

I have 2 AR-15s, so far, and both are for hunting. I have a 6.5 Grendel and a .358 Yeti. A lot of people hunt though with an AR-15 in .223.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 08:19:06 pm »
I have one only because it looks so attractive there in my gun rack, right beneath my AK-47.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 08:47:57 pm »
Why not?

One assumes one is disarmed for any of a number of reasons, every one of which falls under the category of MYOB.

And that applies equally to anyone, especially a government stooge, asking why a person wants to own a weapon.  "Mind Your Own Business".

One never needs to answer why they are exercising a right.   

"Why do you go to church?"
"Why do you not want the government quartering troops in your home?"
"Why do you want a lawyer?"
"Why aren't you answering the prosecutor's questions, don't you know you're on trial?"

Etc.   Don't need to answer.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 09:16:07 pm »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: