Author Topic: NYT’s Mara Gay: Seeing Trucks with U.S. Flags ‘Disturbing’ — Calls for Separating ‘Americanness, Ame  (Read 1334 times)

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
This one head might have exploded driving by my home Memorial Day weekend and seeing >60 flags displayed.

Think how horrifying July 4th will be for her.  *****rollingeyes*****
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Mara Gay is proof positive that the NYT is no longer a prominent news source.  She is a complete idiot.  And having spent years in the newspaper industry, I assure you, she is no elite.  Grunt would be a more appropriate word for her, like so many in newsrooms across America that think they are something and make marginal livings at their craft.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If the Gay woman is disturbed at the sight of the Stars and Stripes, then she should probably move to a country that is more to her tastes, like Venezuela, China or Cuba.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.  We don't want to clean the door.

There's a reason the Rodents need to have some suckers on the Kangaroo Kapitol Kommission.   She clearly hasn't read Ayn Rand. 

The Rodents need the consent of the victim, or at least they need to make it appear as if the victim has consented.

I object to seeing flags waving from pickup trucks, too.   Not because the flag offends me, but because the flags are rapidly torn to shreds by the wind.   Poor flag.

But it's the trucker's property, he can do as he wants.   

I really disliked the false flag enthusiasm after 9-11.   To many of those car-window flags were torn off by the wind and disgraced by the traffic on the road.  That's okay for a Lakers flag, not so much for the American flag.
Flags don't last long here, anyway. I think we have only one or two calm days a year, and I have seen them get shredded just on a flagpole. Here, people fly 3X5 flags from stout poles on their pickups and will stop traffic to pick one up if the pole breaks.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis