Author Topic: NYT’s Mara Gay: Seeing Trucks with U.S. Flags ‘Disturbing’ — Calls for Separating ‘Americanness, Ame  (Read 1333 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT’s Mara Gay: Seeing Trucks with U.S. Flags ‘Disturbing’ — Calls for Separating ‘Americanness, America from Whiteness’

Trent Baker 8 Jun 2021

New York Times columnist Mara Gay said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that she noticed trucks with American flags and was “disturbed” by what she saw.

During a conversation about the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, Gay said that she also saw trucks with anti-President Joe Biden messages and Trump flags and advised that the message she got from the American flags was: “This is my country. This is not your country.”

“You know, it’s really concerning to me that the Democrats haven’t just gone ahead at this point and said, ‘We’re doing this on our own in terms of getting a commission together to explain to the American people how we allowed the insurrection to take place in the Capitol.’ I think that really needs to move forward swiftly,” Gay stated. “You know, the reality is here that we have a large percentage of the American population — I don’t know how big it is, but we have tens of millions of Trump voters who continue to believe that their rights as citizens are under threat by simple virtue of having to share the democracy with others. I think that as long as they see Americanness as the same as one with whiteness, this is going to continue. We have to figure out how to get every American a place at the table in this democracy but how to separate Americanness, America, from whiteness.”

“Until we can confront that and talk about that, this is really going to continue,” she warned.

“I was on Long Island this weekend, visiting a really dear friend, and I was really disturbed. I saw, you know, dozens and dozens of pickup trucks with [expletives] against Joe Biden on the back of them, Trump flags, and in some cases, just dozens of American flags, which is also just disturbing, because essentially the message was clear, it was: ‘This is my country. This is not your country. I own this,’” Gay continued. “And so until we’re ready to have that conversation, this is going to continue. What really is concerning to me as well is, it’s not just Democrats in Congress. I think there’s a large percentage of Americans, even some of my colleagues in journalism, who are invested in some way in pretending that this isn’t the threat that it is. That is the real concern. Because, you know, the Trump voters who are not going to get onboard with democracy, they’re a minority. You can marginalize them long-term. But if we don’t take the threat seriously, then I think we’re all in really bad shape.”

“Morning Joe” co-host Mika Brzezinski added, “Totally agree.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/08/nyts-mara-gay-seeing-trucks-with-u-s-flags-disturbing-calls-for-separating-americanness-america-from-whiteness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The elites have no understanding of real Americans.  That may be a good thing that they fear us. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

If she was disturbed by seeing America flags on Memorial Day week-end, She will probably need to go to the shrink's office come Independence Day.

Offline Kamaji

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If she was disturbed by seeing America flags on Memorial Day week-end, She will probably need to go to the shrink's office come Independence Day.

I heard she is seeing Dr. Aruna Khilanani and is under her care.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline GrouchoTex

:cool:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I don't appreciate Mara Gay's elitist intolerant hate-mongering fascist microagression against my Constitutionally-guaranteed right to free political expression.

Deplorables and Magas have been told this isn't your country for the past 30 years.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline PeteS in CA

She came pre-"disturbed". May she be triggered three ways: early, quickly, and continuously.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Such a shame that Dr. Kevorkian is no longer available to assist her.

Offline GtHawk

I don't appreciate Mara Gay's elitist intolerant hate-mongering fascist microagression against my Constitutionally-guaranteed right to free political expression.

Deplorables and Magas have been told this isn't your country for the past 30 years.
If she is so offended and triggered by the site of the American flag my suggestion for her is to move to Iran where she will only see it at occasional government rallies.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

An equally disturbed person hosted the show

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
The elites have no understanding of real Americans.  That may be a good thing that they fear us.
They also have no understanding of what a "conversation" is :
“And so until we’re ready to have that conversation, this is going to continue."
Both sides speak in a conversation.  When one side insists on cancelling and banning the expression of the other side, it's not a conversation they want, it's a lecture.

That's what the "conversation about race" is actually supposed to be also, a lecture.
James 1:20

Offline mountaineer

I assume being on Long Island means she was visiting the Hamptons, which is what elites like her do. Not sure whose flag she hoped to see there, except maybe Lilly Pulitzer's.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
NYT’s Mara Gay: Seeing Trucks with U.S. Flags ‘Disturbing’ — Calls for Separating ‘Americanness, America from Whiteness’

Trent Baker 8 Jun 2021

New York Times columnist Mara Gay said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that she noticed trucks with American flags and was “disturbed” by what she saw.

During a conversation about the January 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol, Gay said that she also saw trucks with anti-President Joe Biden messages and Trump flags and advised that the message she got from the American flags was: “This is my country. This is not your country.”

If the Gay woman is disturbed at the sight of the Stars and Stripes, then she should probably move to a country that is more to her tastes, like Venezuela, China or Cuba.

Don't let the door hit you on your way out.  We don't want to clean the door.

“You know, it’s really concerning to me that the Democrats haven’t just gone ahead at this point and said, ‘We’re doing this on our own in terms of getting a commission together to explain to the American people how we allowed the insurrection to take place in the Capitol.’ I think that really needs to move forward swiftly,” Gay stated. “You know, the reality is here that we have a large percentage of the American population — I don’t know how big it is, but we have tens of millions of Trump voters who continue to believe that their rights as citizens are under threat by simple virtue of having to share the democracy with others. I think that as long as they see Americanness as the same as one with whiteness, this is going to continue. We have to figure out how to get every American a place at the table in this democracy but how to separate Americanness, America, from whiteness.”

There's a reason the Rodents need to have some suckers on the Kangaroo Kapitol Kommission.   She clearly hasn't read Ayn Rand. 

The Rodents need the consent of the victim, or at least they need to make it appear as if the victim has consented.

“I was on Long Island this weekend, visiting a really dear friend, and I was really disturbed. I saw, you know, dozens and dozens of pickup trucks with [expletives] against Joe Biden on the back of them, Trump flags, and in some cases, just dozens of American flags, which is also just disturbing, because essentially the message was clear, it was: ‘This is my country. This is not your country. I own this,’” Gay continued. “And so until we’re ready to have that conversation, this is going to continue. What really is concerning to me as well is, it’s not just Democrats in Congress. I think there’s a large percentage of Americans, even some of my colleagues in journalism, who are invested in some way in pretending that this isn’t the threat that it is. That is the real concern. Because, you know, the Trump voters who are not going to get onboard with democracy, they’re a minority. You can marginalize them long-term. But if we don’t take the threat seriously, then I think we’re all in really bad shape.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/06/08/nyts-mara-gay-seeing-trucks-with-u-s-flags-disturbing-calls-for-separating-americanness-america-from-whiteness/

I object to seeing flags waving from pickup trucks, too.   Not because the flag offends me, but because the flags are rapidly torn to shreds by the wind.   Poor flag.

But it's the trucker's property, he can do as he wants.   

I really disliked the false flag enthusiasm after 9-11.   To many of those car-window flags were torn off by the wind and disgraced by the traffic on the road.  That's okay for a Lakers flag, not so much for the American flag.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

rangerrebew

WATCH: Dozens Of American Flags ‘Disturbing,’ Trump Voters See ‘American-ness’ As ‘Whiteness’: NYT Editorial Board Member
By  Hank Berrien

Jun 8, 2021   DailyWire.com

Speaking on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” New York Times editorial board member Mara Gay pronounced that she was “disturbed” when she saw numerous American flags on pick-up trucks, claiming the message was white people telling others, “This is my country. This is not your country. I won this.”

Host Mika Brzezinski prompted Gay by surmising that a commission looking into the events of January 6 would be vital, then segued into calling former President Trump “a threat to our democracy to this moment.” She stated:

Post-Trump, there needs to be an investigation that looks into how we got here, and that’s why the January 6 commission would have been so important or looking into the events that led up to January 6, Mara Gay. Because I’m not just talking about the week before, I’m talking about the months before, and even the years before. And it may be that the one way that perhaps there can be an explanation to the American people who were hornswoggled or misled in any way by this man who is a threat to our democracy to this moment.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/dozens-of-american-flags-disturbing-nyt-editorial-board-member?itm_source=parsely-api&utm_source=cnemail&utm_medium=email

rangerrebew

These sh*t for brains leftists should move to the middle east and complain about seeing too many ISIS flags publicly.  Then see if they live long enough to write an article about the response of ISIS.   :MiniGun:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:11:21 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: June 09, 2021, 02:41:58 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline GtHawk

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1402521343799791620
Dang, I bet she has no problem with symbols like those used by BLM, Antifa or the American flag when it's being burned by them.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Frankly it's going to be fun terrorizing these people over this imagined threat.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Gee, I wonder why she hates America so much...

...Oh!  I guess I don't really have to "wonder."   *****rollingeyes*****
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Lady, that particular flag and the millions of soldiers who have fought and died defending it, is the one very reason you are able to share your stupid opinion.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

This one head might have exploded driving by my home Memorial Day weekend and seeing >60 flags displayed.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer