Author Topic: Official: US Pledges $3.3 Billion in Funding for Afghan Forces  (Read 330 times)

rangerrebew

Official: US Pledges $3.3 Billion in Funding for Afghan Forces 
By Ayaz Gul
June 06, 2021 12:28 PM

ISLAMABAD - The U.S. peace envoy to Afghanistan, Zalmay Khalilzad, along with a high-level delegation, met Sunday with leaders in Kabul to discuss bilateral cooperation after U.S. and coalition troops leave the country by a Sept. 11 deadline.

The discussions come as Taliban insurgents have intensified battlefield attacks against government forces, capturing nine Afghan districts, including six in the past week, since the foreign military withdrawal began a month ago. Hundreds of combatants on both sides and Afghan civilians have also been killed.

A spokesman for Afghan President Ashraf Ghani said Sunday the talks with Khalilzad’s team focused on three sectors, including defense, economy and humanitarian assistance.

https://www.voanews.com/south-central-asia/official-us-pledges-33-billion-funding-afghan-forces

rangerrebew

Re: Official: US Pledges $3.3 Billion in Funding for Afghan Forces
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2021, 11:45:12 am »
P*ssing into the wind would be more productive than giving Afghanistan $3,3 billion. *****rollingeyes*****

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2021, 01:58:58 pm »
More wasted money.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2021, 09:59:10 pm »
A large part of this will end up going directly into the hands of the taliban.