Author Topic: Pentagon’s ban on Pride, and nearly all other, flags is staying  (Read 297 times)

rangerrebew

Pentagon’s ban on Pride, and nearly all other, flags is staying
Meghann Myers

After a review, the Pentagon has decided not to grant an exception to display LGBTQ+ flags on military installations during June, the official LGBTQ+ pride month, a Pentagon spokesman told reporters on Friday.

The Defense Department is sticking with a policy created a year ago by then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper in response to calls for banning the display of the Confederate flag in offices and communal housing spaces.

“After some careful consideration, the department will maintain the existing policy from July of 2020 regarding the display or depiction of unofficial flags,” John Kirby said. “So there won’t be an exception made this month for the Pride flag.”

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2021/06/04/pentagons-ban-on-pride-and-nearly-all-other-flags-is-staying/

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Pentagon’s ban on Pride, and nearly all other, flags is staying
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2021, 01:28:35 pm »
 "banning the display of the Confederate flag in offices and communal housing spaces."
==================================================================

Guess I would have gotten court martialed for those little confedereate flags I occasionally placed at my ancestor's graves. 

Question for the military, would that also apply to the other 8 that don't contain St. Andrew's Cross?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2021, 01:33:22 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.