Author Topic: Trump and Melania make their debuts in the National Portrait Gallery: President poses behind the Res  (Read 821 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump and Melania make their debuts in the National Portrait Gallery: President poses behind the Resolute Desk opposite John Lewis and behind Obama

A photograph of Donald Trump was added to the American Presidents Exhibit at the National Portrait Gallery
    The image of Trump is on the other side of a free standing wall in the museum where the famous 'Hope' poster of Barack Obama is hanging
    It is also across from a portrait of late Congressman and Civil Rights icon John Lewis who did not believe Trump was the 'legitimate' U.S. leader
    Guests were able to see the Trump addition on Friday after the Smithsonian finally reopened after closing last year due to coronavirus restrictions
    An image of Melania Trump was also added to the exhibit on first ladies
    The portrait hanging in the museum is a photograph placeholder of an image taken by Pari Dukovic for Time magazine in June 2019
    Smithsonian Institution spokesperson Brendan Kelly said a traditional portrait with oil paint on canvas is 'currently moving forward'

By Katelyn Caralle, U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 10:34 EDT, 18 May 2021 | Updated: 12:11 EDT, 19 May 2021

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9591799/Trump-makes-debuts-National-Portrait-Gallery-opposite-John-Lewis-Obama.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I don't think that the photographs do either one of them justice; especially Melania.  However, they are better then the O'Bammy's.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
Did the National Portrait Gallery manage to find a special double-wide frame for Moochelle's photo?

Wait until Trump's painting comes out and there's no jungle to be seen....
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't think that the photographs do either one of them justice; especially Melania.  However, they are better then the O'Bammy's.

The portraits of the O'Bastards look like they were fingerpaints, done by a child.  Bill Clinton's is even more hideous.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The portraits of the O'Bastards look like they were fingerpaints, done by a child.  Bill Clinton's is even more hideous.

They say "Art" imitates life.  Whoever that guy Art is/was he captured those three felons brilliantly.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
They say "Art" imitates life.  Whoever that guy Art is/was he captured those three felons brilliantly.

The one of fake President O'Bastard reminds me of the GIF with Homer Simpson fading into a bush.  Oh, how nice it would be if he were sucked back into his jungle.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

You want awful? Try the 1970s official portrait of Jerry Brown:

That abomination is with other governors' official portraits  in California's capitol (I've seen it, personally)!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Melania's official FLOTUS photograph is hanging in the National Gallary @libertybele . I wonder if the Trumps had even one portrait painted ..... and this is why they're using photos of them.

The other recent first couples (since at least Reagan) have two portraits made ... one for the National Portrait Gallery and one for the White House.

For example:

National Gallery:

White House:

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Melania's official FLOTUS photograph is hanging in the National Gallary @libertybele . I wonder if the Trumps had even one portrait painted ..... and this is why they're using photos of them.

The other recent first couples (since at least Reagan) have two portraits made ... one for the National Portrait Gallery and one for the White House.

For example:

National Gallery:

White House:

I would venture to say that you are correct that a portrait was never even painted. Just one more snub; such a disgrace for our country.  I know for a fact that it took almost a year for a picture of Trump to be hung outside the entrance to the local VA; a  picture of Bammy hung there long after Trump was sworn in.  Disgraceful!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
You want awful? Try the 1970s official portrait of Jerry Brown:

That abomination is with other governors' official portraits  in California's capitol (I've seen it, personally)!

Geeeeez, it suits him.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Geeeeez, it suits him.

Gov Moonbeam! Say hello to Linda for us will you.

Damn, Newsom makes him look like a real leader.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Gov Moonbeam! Say hello to Linda for us will you.

Damn, Newsom makes him look like a real leader.

If his name was Jim, it would be a whole different picture!