Author Topic: DOJ Moves to Dismiss Case Against January 6 Protestor -- It Always Begins With a Trickle  (Read 242 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DOJ Moves to Dismiss Case Against January 6 Protestor -- It Always Begins With a Trickle
By Shipwreckedcrew | Jun 02, 2021 12:30 PM ET

On Tuesday, the Department of Justice filed a motion to dismiss the criminal complaint filed against defendant Christopher Kelly on January 20, 2021. Kelly was charged in connection with the January 6 protests on Capitol Hill.

There are several issues worth commenting on here.

First, Kelly has never been indicted by a grand jury even though there have been grand jury indictments handed down as soon as the week following the protests.

Kelly was charged by way of a criminal complaint obtained by the FBI, relying on an affidavit filed by Special Agent Michael Andretta, and signed by U.S. Magistrate Judge Zia Faruqui on January 20. He was arrested and made his initial appearance on February 9.

Under Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 5.1, a defendant must be indicted within 14 days of making an initial appearance following an arrest on a criminal complaint if the defendant is held in custody. The period is extended to 21 days if the defendant is released on bond. If an indictment is not obtained in that time, the defendant is entitled to a preliminary hearing where a Magistrate determines after the presentation of evidence by the government whether there is probable cause that the defendant has committed a federal crime.

more
https://redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2021/06/02/doj-moves-to-dismiss-case-against-january-6-protestor-it-always-begins-with-a-trickle-n389823
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LegalAmerican

Do we know, was he antifa/blm?  Then I am not happy.  If an innocent Patriot, then good.  Somehow....I doubt it.

P.S.
 If the Chris Kelly who came up for me, is he,  he is an activist and democrat from California. Both he and his wife are attorneys. He worked for Bill Clinton. I can't tell if he is one of the good guys or not. WiKi, came up for me with his name.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 06:03:29 pm by LegalAmerican »

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Do we know, was he antifa/blm?  Then I am not happy.  If an innocent Patriot, then good.  Somehow....I doubt it.

P.S.
 If the Chris Kelly who came up for me, is he,  he is an activist and democrat from California. Both he and his wife are attorneys. He worked for Bill Clinton. I can't tell if he is one of the good guys or not. WiKi, came up for me with his name.

According to NBC this is him:

Offline PeteS in CA

Probably a different Chris Kelly. From the OP article:

The affidavit uses as its foundation information from a “Confidential Source” about Facebook postings on an account in the name of “Chris Kelly.” The Agent matched a New York Driver’s License photo for “Christopher M. Kelly,” believed to be living in or around New York City, to a screenshot of the picture on the “Profile Page” of the Facebook account.
The Facebook account and the “Christopher Kelly” in the NY DMV database had a significant amount of matching information such as email address, telephone number, DOB, etc. Facebook messages from Kelly confirmed he was planning on traveling from New York to Washington on January 5, and returning to New York on January 7. Messages sent by him while in Washington made references to “taking this place by force” and that someone he was with had his teeth knocked out.

"Kelly" isn't exactly an uncommon family name, nor "Christopher" an uncommon given name.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Had Mr. Kelly been confined since his arrest?
Didn't notice that in the article.