Author Topic: Guilt for January 6 Belongs With Those Most Eager to Condemn It ..By Conrad Black  (Read 139 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Guilt for January 6 Belongs With Those Most Eager to Condemn It

George Will, Peggy Noonan, and other estimable friends bear a heavy responsibility in the disaster that has now been riveted on the backs of the American people and the world.

By Conrad Black
May 31, 2021

It is once again with great regret that I take issue with my friend of more than 40 years, George Will. From my perspective of unambiguous admiration and personal liking for him, I am distressed that on the subject of President Trump, he seems to have taken complete leave of his senses. Last week, he said on television that the events at the U.S. Capitol on January 6 should be seared into the minds of Americans as 9/11 was, as the two are equally profound assaults on the country.

Let us examine that statement. On September 11, 2001, four airliners were hijacked and three were flown directly into the two World Trade Center towers in New York while another slammed into the Pentagon in Washington and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania after some of the hijacked passengers bravely charged the cockpit of the airliner. Approximately 3,000 people perished in what was a meticulously planned, barbarously executed assault—one that its ultimate architect, Osama bin Laden, described as “a massacre of the innocents.” It was designed to intimidate the entire country and to force the United States into a more accommodating policy toward terrorists and their preferred causes, especially the destruction of the State of Israel. 

On January 6 of this year, some members of a crowd of over 200,000, attending an address by President Trump—who detailed the questionable aspects of the apparent result of the presidential election—marched on to the U.S. Capitol and some hundreds of them penetrated the building and caused relatively minor damage to it. Five people died, but only one, a Trump supporter, died of unnatural causes—shot in the neck by a still unidentified Capitol Police officer. There were many vivid photographs of the occasion including the spectacle of some of America’s leading legislators hiding under their desks wearing tinfoil protective gear. The FBI (no reservoir of goodwill for Trump) has confirmed there was no coordination with the Trump campaign or anyone associated with the ex-president. Indeed, Trump urged his followers to “demonstrate patriotically and peacefully.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/05/31/guilt-for-january-6-belongs-with-those-most-eager-to-condemn-it/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34