Author Topic: Record Cold Memorial Day to Challenge Temps from the Mid 1800s  (Read 1302 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ice Age Now May 29, 2021 by Robert

Snowfall in places! Freeze advisories in northern-tier states! On Memorial Day! Perhaps the idea that we’re headed for a new Little Ice Age isn’t so far-fetched after all.

_________

29 May 2021 – “In the Northeast, daily high temperatures Saturday could be as much as 20 degrees below normal and even challenge records in places,” says AccuWeather senior meteorologist Alex Sosnowski. “Add to that a soaking rainfall and the recipe for a holiday weekend spoiler is complete.”

“There’s even the chance that some wet snowflakes can mix in at times over the higher elevations of upstate New York at the start of the weekend,” Sosnowski warns.

“A bit of sleet and snow was observed in parts of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan Friday morning. North of the precipitation area, freeze advisories were issued over the northern tier of the United States.

Unseasonably cold air “may also challenge record low maximum temperatures that have been in the books as far back as the middle 1800s.”

More: https://www.iceagenow.info/record-cold-memorial-day-to-challenge-temps-from-the-mid-1800s/#more-35600

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Record Cold Memorial Day to Challenge Temps from the Mid 1800s
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 07:25:06 pm »
True!  In fact, it looks like we won't even reach 100F today!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 07:32:26 pm »
It certainly is unusually chill were I am.
Very comfortable, perfect weather, with bright sunshine as a bonus.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online andy58-in-nh

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 07:39:13 pm »
It had been in the mid-40s here in NH since Saturday morning, and now has "warmed" up to 56°F.  At least the rain has finally stopped. 

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Idiot

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2021, 07:39:41 pm »
Here in West Texas....63 degrees and rain....and rain....and rain.....  Over 4 inches today so far.....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2021, 02:22:18 am »
Lows in the 50s and low 60s here. Daytime highs predicted range from the 60s to the 90s. through the first two weeks of june. In the past we have had frost in June.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2021, 04:26:48 am »
Hot here in the Phoenix metro area... Just not smoken hot...

Online roamer_1

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2021, 04:49:46 am »
Lows in the 50s and low 60s here. Daytime highs predicted range from the 60s to the 90s. through the first two weeks of june. In the past we have had frost in June.

Just up off a cold rainy week... turned the furnace on for that, but ain't built a fire in about a month... 77 here today and I shut the furnace off of course. Don't expect I will turn it back on till fall.

About normal.