Author Topic: Humor/Jokes  (Read 13127 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Humor/Jokes
« Reply #550 on: January 02, 2024, 05:18:31 pm »
My wife is fed up of my constant Dad jokes, so I asked her, "How can I stop my addiction?"

Wife: “Whatever means necessary.”

Me: “No it doesn’t.”
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #551 on: January 02, 2024, 05:27:50 pm »
Picked up a hitchhiker last night. He asked, "How do you know I'm not a serial killer?"

I replied, "The chances of two serial killers in one car is astronomical."
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #552 on: January 02, 2024, 09:25:34 pm »
That was one of the first times I just knuckled under.  I already know better than to argue over inconsequential things.

:tongue2: :silly:
It didn't take very long for me to figure out that it's better to just bite my tongue, since this year we will be married 48 years I would say that for me at least that has worked. What's the benefit of proving your right when all you achieve is discord?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #553 on: January 02, 2024, 09:31:25 pm »
It didn't take very long for me to figure out that it's better to just bite my tongue, since this year we will be married 48 years I would say that for me at least that has worked. What's the benefit of proving your right when all you achieve is discord?

I think we as men have lost when it comes to the war of attrition.  I am of the same mindset.  The "Happy Wife...Happy Life" meme rings true because think about it.  We are outmatched.

Example.....  My wife can remember what I wore on our first date. 40+ years ago.  What we ate, and what was said.  Crap, I can't even hardly remember or care about last week.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #554 on: January 02, 2024, 09:39:10 pm »
I think we as men have lost when it comes to the war of attrition.  I am of the same mindset.  The "Happy Wife...Happy Life" meme rings true because think about it.  We are outmatched.

Example.....  My wife can remember what I wore on our first date. 40+ years ago.  What we ate, and what was said.  Crap, I can't even hardly remember or care about last week.
Hell, last week was an eternity ago in man time :silly: I remember when I told my wife I was going to put a ring on her finger, it was the first time we were out and horseback riding with coworkers, I know when I put the engagement ring on her finger...it was Halloween and I still know my anniversary and even the time we were married, and I have never forgotten her birthday...is anything else really important? :shrug:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #555 on: January 02, 2024, 09:41:50 pm »
Hell, last week was an eternity ago in man time :silly: I remember when I told my wife I was going to put a ring on her finger, it was the first time we were out and horseback riding with coworkers, I know when I put the engagement ring on her finger...it was Halloween and I still know my anniversary and even the time we were married, and I have never forgotten her birthday...is anything else really important? :shrug:

Nailed it.  Women are wired by details, men-big pic stuff, no details.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #556 on: January 02, 2024, 10:04:55 pm »
I will always remember when I asked Mrs. Liberty to marry me:  "Wanna get plumb hitched?"  True story!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #557 on: January 02, 2024, 10:08:54 pm »
I will always remember when I asked Mrs. Liberty to marry me:  "Wanna get plumb hitched?"  True story!

Don't remember exactly asking, but did pay nearly 30 years for not doing it on one knee.

Hint HInt....  to young batchelors.  Don't make the same mistake.

Online libertybele

« Reply #558 on: January 02, 2024, 10:35:10 pm »

:silly:  Well, my husband of 41 years insists that we met 43 years ago on January 31, 1980. We met at a party on a Saturday night. January 31, 1980 happens to fall on a Thursday, so we would have had to have met the Saturday before. Far be it from me to argue as he's never been wrong ( *****rollingeyes*****) -- so why even throw that out there? Someone very wise once told me to pick the battles that are worth fighting about. 

Forget birthdays or an anniversary? Let's see ... we celebrated my birthday once 3 weeks early one year because he got his dates confused. Act surprised that he remembered? No problem!  :laugh:  So...for awhile I got a calendar to hang on the wall and I wrote the dates on it -- along with his parents bdays, kids bdays, etc., so it didn't seem too obvious.  Now a days I just mention to him a few days beforehand the plans that I've made for our anniversary and my bday.  :laugh:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

« Reply #559 on: January 02, 2024, 10:40:00 pm »

A great memory!!  888high58888

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #560 on: January 02, 2024, 11:12:18 pm »
That is hilarious.  But i recently did an Alanis Morrissette album review that I discussed how men and women are wired beyond the age old "toilet seat up or down" debate......

It took me 6 months of dating my wife to understand that it is understood that when we order our food, that we share with each other, so we can get a variety.  Man did that ever piss me off.  When she finally broke the news of that expectation, I snapped back that if I wanted that, I'd order that, and bug off. 

Well, we all know how those things go.   :thud:    How many of you have dealt with the same.?
Damn, son, just go to the buffet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #561 on: January 02, 2024, 11:16:22 pm »
Picked up a hitchhiker last night. He asked, "How do you know I'm not a serial killer?"

I replied, "The chances of two serial killers in one car is astronomical."
:silly:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #562 on: January 02, 2024, 11:18:34 pm »
Nailed it.  Women are wired by details, men-big pic stuff, no details.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #563 on: January 02, 2024, 11:19:50 pm »
:silly:  Well, my husband of 41 years insists that we met 43 years ago on January 31, 1980. We met at a party on a Saturday night. January 31, 1980 happens to fall on a Thursday, so we would have had to have met the Saturday before. Far be it from me to argue as he's never been wrong ( *****rollingeyes*****) -- so why even throw that out there? Someone very wise once told me to pick the battles that are worth fighting about. 

Forget birthdays or an anniversary? Let's see ... we celebrated my birthday once 3 weeks early one year because he got his dates confused. Act surprised that he remembered? No problem!  :laugh:  So...for awhile I got a calendar to hang on the wall and I wrote the dates on it -- along with his parents bdays, kids bdays, etc., so it didn't seem too obvious.  Now a days I just mention to him a few days beforehand the plans that I've made for our anniversary and my bday.  :laugh:
Mrs. Joe and I were married on my birthday. No forgetting our Anniversary, and she was the best Birthday present I ever got.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #564 on: January 03, 2024, 12:17:15 am »

Alright... I don't remember nothing, and never have. It's only lately that I have become more aware of the importance of these dates to others. None of it matters a whit to me, except 4th of July, which I have often missed - working right through. But by and large, having no weekends and no important days of my own, it makes it hard to fathom in others.

The only one to fix that in me was again, a sweet Georgia peach who, as Southern culture demands, was a bit of a socialite, caring also for elder relatives,and never missed an important day in her life - And whether I cared or not, it would be unseemly to attend alone, and often required hanging onto an arm.

She figured out that I pay attention to my business calendar, never missing, whereupon she conned me into sharing that PIM to her account... and thereafter all those social functions began flooding into my days. Even, with legit authority I suppose, acting like my secretary, moving my crapnaround to shoehorn in an event.

Yeah... she drove me crazy... and she always got her way. Always.
I should have married that one...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #565 on: January 03, 2024, 12:34:02 am »
That is hilarious.  But i recently did an Alanis Morrissette album review that I discussed how men and women are wired beyond the age old "toilet seat up or down" debate......

It took me 6 months of dating my wife to understand that it is understood that when we order our food, that we share with each other, so we can get a variety.  Man did that ever piss me off. When she finally broke the news of that expectation, I snapped back that if I wanted that, I'd order that, and bug off.

Well, we all know how those things go.   :thud:    How many of you have dealt with the same.?

@catfish1957

How did THAT work out for you?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #566 on: January 03, 2024, 12:37:01 am »
Nope. No share. MY food. I will tolerate the theft of a french fry or two to prove I love her... No one else could do that much.

That will never change. Heck, even the dog knows better.

@roamer_1

I am definitely NOT an expert of the "wife stuff",or even the "generic woman stuff",but I am GUESSING that she was NOT amused by the "even the dog knows better" comment.

How long did it take you to heal?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #567 on: January 03, 2024, 01:04:38 am »
Mrs. Joe and I were married on my birthday. No forgetting our Anniversary, and she was the best Birthday present I ever got.

That's a beautiful thing @Smokin Joe

Online roamer_1

« Reply #568 on: January 03, 2024, 02:31:23 am »
@roamer_1

I am definitely NOT an expert of the "wife stuff",or even the "generic woman stuff",but I am GUESSING that she was NOT amused by the "even the dog knows better" comment.

How long did it take you to heal?

Nope. no messin with my vittles. You might could lose a hand  happy77

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #569 on: January 03, 2024, 03:05:41 am »
@catfish1957

How did THAT work out for you?

What do you think?   66minnie-----X yymouse

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #570 on: January 03, 2024, 04:08:36 am »
Don't remember exactly asking, but did pay nearly 30 years for not doing it on one knee.

Hint HInt....  to young batchelors.  Don't make the same mistake.

I kept getting turned down until I bent the knee.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #571 on: January 03, 2024, 04:31:51 am »
Alright... I don't remember nothing, and never have. It's only lately that I have become more aware of the importance of these dates to others. None of it matters a whit to me, except 4th of July, which I have often missed - working right through. But by and large, having no weekends and no important days of my own, it makes it hard to fathom in others.

The only one to fix that in me was again, a sweet Georgia peach who, as Southern culture demands, was a bit of a socialite, caring also for elder relatives,and never missed an important day in her life - And whether I cared or not, it would be unseemly to attend alone, and often required hanging onto an arm.

She figured out that I pay attention to my business calendar, never missing, whereupon she conned me into sharing that PIM to her account... and thereafter all those social functions began flooding into my days. Even, with legit authority I suppose, acting like my secretary, moving my crapn around to shoehorn in an event.

That's a good woman.  She recognized and accepted your shortcomings, and she a way to work around them.  She saw there was little use in playing the "Let's see if he remembers my birthday" game because she knew you would both lose.  You for not remembering, and her for expecting the impossible.

My wife will simply ask if I've come up with a plan for our anniversary or will throw out ideas about what would be nice for her birthday.  I couldn't ask for a better woman.  She is proof that G-d loves me.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #572 on: January 03, 2024, 04:54:54 am »
I kept getting turned down until I bent the knee.

Another example and a good lesson to the young guys.....

If you don't turn this thing into a Hallmark Channel kind of RomCom thing, you just might not have much success.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 04:53:28 pm by catfish1957 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #573 on: January 03, 2024, 08:41:13 am »
That's a good woman.  She recognized and accepted your shortcomings, and she a way to work around them.  She saw there was little use in playing the "Let's see if he remembers my birthday" game because she knew you would both lose.  You for not remembering, and her for expecting the impossible.

My wife will simply ask if I've come up with a plan for our anniversary or will throw out ideas about what would be nice for her birthday.  I couldn't ask for a better woman.  She is proof that G-d loves me.

Yup. She was a veritable man-whisperer... She got her way, openly manipulating me to get it, and making me like it in the process. Absolutely stunning talent.

She did much the same as your wife... When I needed to buy her a gift, she would schedule several shopping lunches - not that I knew I was going shopping - and she was sure to put the things she liked in my hands... She knew dang well my mind was not on shopping, and hardly with her (I hate shopping), and that none of it would register unless I put my hands on it.

It took me years to figure out that part... long after we parted ways. I should have married that woman, I'll tell you what...

Offline verga

« Reply #574 on: January 05, 2024, 12:22:22 pm »

It took me 6 months of dating my wife to understand that it is understood that when we order our food, that we share with each other, so we can get a variety.  Man did that ever piss me off.  When she finally broke the news of that expectation, I snapped back that if I wanted that, I'd order that, and bug off. 

I will have know Vergette for 42 years February 27th. I am pretty sure that has been standard practice all that time. And after all these years I would not have it any different.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.