Author Topic: Time for a Coalition of Free American States  (Read 3880 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Time for a Coalition of Free American States
« on: May 29, 2021, 12:29:35 pm »
May 29, 2021
Time for a Coalition of Free American States
By J.B. Shurk

I want to make a suggestion.  It is past time for some type of "coalition of free American states."

States have a long history of creating partnerships with each other.  Law enforcement task forces, farming cooperatives, river management boards, and collegiate sports conferences all benefit individual states through regional collaborations and are common throughout the United States.  It is also common for state attorneys general to coordinate lawsuits against the federal government.  Republican governors and Democrat governors meet at party retreats to strategize how best to advance their respective parties' interests.  And innumerable lobbying and legal groups work every year to promote the passage of nearly identical statutory language in state legislatures across the country. 

What I have in mind is more substantial — the formation of a coalition of free states whose explicit purpose is to reduce the power of the federal government over individual states and their citizens while banding together to lessen the inevitable retaliatory blows the federal government will initiate against the states in response.

Although America's constitutional form of limited government was designed specifically to maximize the liberty of citizens and maximize the power of states at the expense of the federal government, the accumulation of power has flowed only in one direction — away from individual states and individual citizens and toward the national government in D.C.  This phenomenon is so natural throughout history that it was a chief concern of the Founding Fathers themselves.  Thomas Jefferson, a shrewd student of human nature, was blunt: "Experience hath shewn [sic], that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." 

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2021/05/time_for_a_coalition_of_free_american_states.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Re: Time for a Coalition of Free American States
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2021, 02:56:15 pm »
"The Compact Clause (Article I, Section 10, Clause 3) of the United States Constitution provides that "No State shall, without the Consent of Congress,... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power,.."

Good luck getting any interstate pact/agreement through without the consent of Congress.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2021, 03:00:08 pm »
"The Compact Clause (Article I, Section 10, Clause 3) of the United States Constitution provides that "No State shall, without the Consent of Congress,... enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power,.."

Good luck getting any interstate pact/agreement through without the consent of Congress.
The Constitution has already been shredded by the Congress, Biden and the federal courts, so why should any state worry about that obstructing freedoms for its citizens?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2021, 04:39:30 pm »

Suddenly the Constitution means something to the people who are happy that the Rodents stole the Presidency by violating the Constitution?

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2021, 04:40:30 pm »
Anyway, while a joint agreement is nice, what is needed is an Article V Convention of the States.

The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2021, 04:54:09 pm »
Anyway, while a joint agreement is nice, what is needed is an Article V Convention of the States.

Oh, God no!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2021, 04:58:59 pm »

So the "rodents" can tear apart what little we have left???   I think I'll pass on that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2021, 05:22:56 pm »

I didn't see any specific suggestions in the article about what such a Coalition of Free American States would actually do.  It's difficult to support something that is completely undefined.

If there are specific, credible suggestions for how specific states can act together to protect the security, liberty, and opportunity of their citizens, let them proceed without regard to anything Congress says or does not say.  And ignore the Federal judiciary and executive just as completely.  The first rule of standing up for yourself is that you don't ask permission to stand up for yourself.

Yes, that would be unconstitutional.  It's high time we acknowledged that the Federal Government has reduced the Constitution to a rachet mechanism, ever tightening Federal authority for "progressive" ends at the expense of all else.  The Feds will never voluntarily relinquish any power, it must be taken back from them.
James 1:20

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2021, 08:46:00 pm »
Suddenly the Constitution means something to the people who are happy that the Rodents stole the Presidency by violating the Constitution?
Exactly, how do you think you're going to get the fed. gov. to allow some sort of extra-constitutional agreement between certain states?
Where are the provisions in fed. and state government constitutions for some states to annex parts of other states?
Do you really think certain states can just annex parts of other states, and the fed. gov. will do nothing?

Online libertybele

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2021, 09:13:04 pm »

When the majority of the state legislatures were Republican and the GOP held a majority in both Houses of Congress I would have agreed with you then.

Times have changed.  The GOP has no super majority in either house and the state legislatures have turned more liberal.  Calling for an Article V Convention of States now would be an absolute disaster.  The chance to do so sailed years ago.

We need to try to hang on to our Constitution and hold our representatives feet to the fire -- something that hasn't been done in a long time. I'm afraid it's a little too late.  A stolen election indicates how much of a disaster we find ourselves in.

We need to find a way to restore our Republic and the integrity of our electoral process.  I don't know if that's possible.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2021, 02:01:48 am »
The Democrats have destroyed the Constitution and now grab onto into it? Wow... this is an interesting thread. Blue states like California looked the federal government right in the eye and said "We will not follow your laws" when they declared themselves "sanctuary states/cities" for immigration and completely ignored federal immigration statutes. Now they have HR 1 on the table which places the responsibility for running federal election in the hands of the federal government, in clear violation of the Constitution. It is the Democrats who started this.

And now we see how this crack in the dam is growing and growing. Texas just declared itself a "sanctuary" for the Second Amendment, declaring it will not adhere to federal gun laws EXACTLY as immigration sanctuaries did with immigration laws. It is now an ACCEPTED TREND to ignore federal laws. And the Democrats started it.

As blue states require federal funds to remain afloat financially, this trend will continue. Federal taxes rise so that states can subsidize illegals from NY to CA. States like Texas that don't even have a state income tax find this mandatory federal support for illegals that overrun their state intolerable. This and many more "sanctuary" efforts on on the horizon. Buckle up.

Many states will join together in 2d Amendment and other common causes in defiance of the federal governemnt in the future, just as blues states coalesced to defy federal immigration laws. Buckle up.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2021, 02:29:46 am »
The Democrats have destroyed the Constitution and now grab onto into it? Wow... this is an interesting thread. Blue states like California looked the federal government right in the eye and said "We will not follow your laws" when they declared themselves "sanctuary states/cities" for immigration and completely ignored federal immigration statutes. Now they have HR 1 on the table which places the responsibility for running federal election in the hands of the federal government, in clear violation of the Constitution. It is the Democrats who started this.

And now we see how this crack in the dam is growing and growing. Texas just declared itself a "sanctuary" for the Second Amendment, declaring it will not adhere to federal gun laws EXACTLY as immigration sanctuaries did with immigration laws. It is now an ACCEPTED TREND to ignore federal laws. And the Democrats started it.

As blue states require federal funds to remain afloat financially, this trend will continue. Federal taxes rise so that states can subsidize illegals from NY to CA. States like Texas that don't even have a state income tax find this mandatory federal support for illegals that overrun their state intolerable. This and many more "sanctuary" efforts on on the horizon. Buckle up.

Many states will join together in 2d Amendment and other common causes in defiance of the federal governemnt in the future, just as blues states coalesced to defy federal immigration laws. Buckle up.

States have rights under the 10th amendment. Both parties have slowly taken rights away from the states and are guilty of overreach.  The 2A is afforded to us under the Constitution. States are simply taking measures to protect that right that the Feds are trying to take away.

Much different than sanctuary cities for Illegals!  Where in the Constitution does it allow for illegal entry?  The Constitution applies to Citizens of the United States! Illegals don't have rights period.

Nowhere

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AARguy

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2021, 03:22:34 am »
There is a clear analogy between states that spit in the eye of the federal government on the subject of immigration laws and those that do the same on the subject of the right to bear arms. But you are absolutely correct in that Bill of Rights supports bearing arms and does not support illegal immigration. My point was simply that spitting in the eye of the Federal Government and/or the Constitution , with or without legal basis, is becoming commonplace. Its better, as in the case of the Second Amendment, if it is supported by the Bill of Rights.

My point was simply that, right or wrong, legal or illegal... laws don't seem to mean much anymore.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2021, 01:35:26 pm »
There is a clear analogy between states that spit in the eye of the federal government on the subject of immigration laws and those that do the same on the subject of the right to bear arms. But you are absolutely correct in that Bill of Rights supports bearing arms and does not support illegal immigration. My point was simply that spitting in the eye of the Federal Government and/or the Constitution , with or without legal basis, is becoming commonplace. Its better, as in the case of the Second Amendment, if it is supported by the Bill of Rights.

My point was simply that, right or wrong, legal or illegal... laws don't seem to mean much anymore.

And when the rule of law is lost banana republic status is all you have.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2021, 02:22:20 pm »
States have rights under the 10th amendment. Both parties have slowly taken rights away from the states and are guilty of overreach.  The 2A is afforded to us under the Constitution. States are simply taking measures to protect that right that the Feds are trying to take away.

Much different than sanctuary cities for Illegals!  Where in the Constitution does it allow for illegal entry?  The Constitution applies to Citizens of the United States! Illegals don't have rights period.

Nowhere
Sure thing, now just describe the measures the states will have to take to enact the annexation desired by the parties involved. What will be the official step one after all the blather about "our rights" has ceased and action is needed?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2021, 06:19:19 pm »
Oh, God no!

It's always nice to be told who the people are who don't understand the Constitution.

What needs to be reformed in the Constitution, which was acknowledged by the Framers to be an imperfect document?

Well, we need Judicial Term limits and a stated cap on the number of judges on the courts.
The country needs to grant the Congress and the states, both, a mechanism to reject false Supreme Court rulings.

The word "commerce" in the Constitution means "trade".   It does not mean either "agriculture" or "manufacturing".   The disaster area that happened when the Congress turned "commerce" into "anything we want it to mean" is never ending.   The courts have even ruled that a farmer selling his grain locally violated Roosevelt's price controls, claiming that since the local sale of grain at a lower price affects the sale of grain from other states, then the Commerce clause grants Congress the power to regulate how and to whom local farmers can sell their produce, even when that does not cross state lines.

The nation NEEDS a uniform Voter ID law.

The Sixteenth  Amendment needs to be repealed.   The national treasury should be financed by a retail, final-user only sales tax. 

The Electoral College has to be reformed, so that the delegates are awarded on the following basis, that the candidate that gets a plurality in a Congressional district gets the one elector allocated for that district, for each district in the state, and the candidate that wins the plurality in the state gets the two electors designated for the Senate Seats.    No more winner take all shenanigans, and this changes the entire strategizing of a national political campaign.   No longer is "Ohio" a "swing state", suddenly what's important is the individual congressional districts.    Suddenly New York isn't determined by the Rodent that gets the voter-morons in that anus of a city, New Yorkers in the consevative upstate have a stronger say.

The Decennial National Census should ONLY count US citizens for purposes of representation apportionment.   This is only possible if the Census demands the citizenship/residency status of all respondants.    And there's nothing wrong with sending authorities to investigate respondents who decline to state, state their presence is lawful, or even to do random background checks on those claiming to be citizens.   Lying on the Census is, of course, perjury.

A 3/5 vote in both Houses should be required to raise taxes.  Tax cuts should be permanent until voted to curtail.   Tax hikes should have an expiration date. 

Laws should have Expiration Dates.

And the President should have line-item veto authority on all spending requests.

And it doesn't matter what nonsense an Article V Convention of the States proposes as recommended Amendments...it can't become an Amendment if the States refuse to ratify it.    What must be done, of course, is to repeat the safety valve they installed on the so-called Equal Rights Amendment, and put a drop-dead date on each proposed Amendment.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2021, 06:19:57 pm »
So the "rodents" can tear apart what little we have left???   I think I'll pass on that!

And #2 on Who Doesn't Understand The Constitution.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2021, 06:26:30 pm »

Nowhere

The Invader Sanctuary movement has no authority under the Constitution.

The Tenth Amendment reserves to the states those powers that were not explicitly removed from them to the Congress.

Congress is given SOLE authority by the Constitution to legislate matters of naturalization and immigration.

Period.

The State of  Arizona attempted to make it illegal for illegal aliens to be present in the state of Arizona.  The resulting Supreme Court decision, which Roberts attempted to suck up to Obama with the other Rodents on the court, ruled that the law AB1070 was unconstitutional because of Article I, Section 8.

Except, of course, that decision was correct, and the States do not have authority to interfere in federal immigration policy.    Too bad the Trump Administration didn't have Attorneys in the DOJ willing to either force the matter through the courts or to at least inform the President that this was the law.

Anyway, the law is clear on the validity of Invasion Sanctuaries, there is none, and on the validity of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, which is absolute and a human right, to boot.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2021, 06:30:05 pm »
When the majority of the state legislatures were Republican and the GOP held a majority in both Houses of Congress I would have agreed with you then.

Times have changed.  The GOP has no super majority in either house and the state legislatures have turned more liberal.  Calling for an Article V Convention of States now would be an absolute disaster.  The chance to do so sailed years ago.

We need to try to hang on to our Constitution and hold our representatives feet to the fire -- something that hasn't been done in a long time. I'm afraid it's a little too late.  A stolen election indicates how much of a disaster we find ourselves in.

We need to find a way to restore our Republic and the integrity of our electoral process.  I don't know if that's possible.

Really, that many states are in Total Rodent Control?  3/4 of the states?    36 states?   And yet they still have to steal elections to get the White House?

no.

Online libertybele

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2021, 06:30:10 pm »
It's always nice to be told who the people are who don't understand the Constitution.

What needs to be reformed in the Constitution, which was acknowledged by the Framers to be an imperfect document?

In order to change the Constitution it takes an amendment.   

Convention of States allows 'proposed' changes/amendments to the Constitution by State legislatures ... how many states have a liberal legislature? Secondly, if the Feds are trampling on the Constitution now and with SCOTUS turning its back, what do you think the results are going to be??

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2021, 06:36:24 pm »
Exactly, how do you think you're going to get the fed. gov. to allow some sort of extra-constitutional agreement between certain states?
Where are the provisions in fed. and state government constitutions for some states to annex parts of other states?
Do you really think certain states can just annex parts of other states, and the fed. gov. will do nothing?

I note that you didn't discuss how the Constitution is now magically sacrosanct by the party that raped it to steal the last election, and before that to steal the House and Senate in 2018.

But let's ignore the generic hypocrisy of the Rodents and RINOs.

Thought that is the single distinguishing characteristic, just above their total greed and racism.

Is there anything wrong in a pair of states agreeing to recognize the CCW permits issued by the other, but refusing to recognize CCW permits issued by California, which only go to well-heeled Rodents?

Why shouldn't states recognize CCW permits?

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2021, 06:38:42 pm »
In order to change the Constitution it takes an amendment.   

Convention of States allows 'proposed' changes/amendments to the Constitution by State legislatures ... how many states have a liberal legislature? Secondly, if the Feds are trampling on the Constitution now and with SCOTUS turning its back, what do you think the results are going to be??

An Amendment has to be ratified by 36 states.

So, no truly bad Amendments are going through.   This isn't 1918, won't be no Prohibition amendments coming out, though an Amendment ending federal bans on drugs would be such an incredibly good thing.

The alternative to an Article V Convention of the States is shooting the Rodents until they're fled or dead, preferably the latter.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 06:40:25 pm by Sled Dog »

Online libertybele

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2021, 06:46:15 pm »
Really, that many states are in Total Rodent Control?  3/4 of the states?    36 states?   And yet they still have to steal elections to get the White House?

no.

A Convention of states can be called with 2/3 of the states.  FL joined in 2014 .... 7 years ago and still can't get as many states on board that is needed.

At this point in time I believe that's a good thing.

The liberals are acting and ignoring the Constitution.  What makes you think that they would acknowledge a Convention of States and secondly, just because state legislatures propose amendments to the Constitution doesn't mean that they will be beneficial. 

Do I think states' rights absorbed by the Feds should be returned?  Absolutely.  Do I see the Feds complying.  Not a snowballs chance! 

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2021, 06:54:32 pm »

Feel free to take your superiority complex and shove it up your azz.  I'll put Briefers understanding of the Constitution somewhere well above yours.

@Sled Dog  You are coming dangerously close to personal attacks on Briefers with this lie, and will lead to a time-out if you don't knock it TF off.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2021, 06:56:02 pm »
I note that you didn't discuss how the Constitution is now magically sacrosanct by the party that raped it to steal the last election, and before that to steal the House and Senate in 2018.

But let's ignore the generic hypocrisy of the Rodents and RINOs.

Thought that is the single distinguishing characteristic, just above their total greed and racism.

Is there anything wrong in a pair of states agreeing to recognize the CCW permits issued by the other, but refusing to recognize CCW permits issued by California, which only go to well-heeled Rodents?

Why shouldn't states recognize CCW permits?

The Constitution is the Constitution period. Both parties are guilty of overreach and sidestepping the Constitution. So what makes you think that they would adhere to amendments to the Constitution and return rights to the States if an Article V Convention of states were called??

You are correct, a Convention of States was needed .... years ago.  That ship has sailed.