Author Topic: 'I'm Amazed,' Sen. Cotton Says, After Hearing ATF Nominee Answer the Question, 'What Is an Assault R  (Read 608 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
'I'm Amazed,' Sen. Cotton Says, After Hearing ATF Nominee Answer the Question, 'What Is an Assault Rifle?'

"You have called for an assault weapons ban. I have a simple question for you. What is an assault weapon?" Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) asked David Chipman at his confirmation hearing on Wednesday.

President Joe Biden has nominated Chipman -- a former ATF agent who later worked as a gun control activist -- to be director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.

Chipman told Cotton, "an assault weapon would be ...what Congress defines it as."

Pressed for a fuller response, Chipman said the ATF has, in one instance, defined an assault rifle as any semiautomatic rifle capable of accepting a detachable magazine above the caliber of .22, which would include a .223, which is, largely, the AR-15 round."..............

https://cnsnews.com/article/washington/susan-jones/im-amazed-sen-cotton-says-after-hearing-atf-nominee-answer-question
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
C'mon man.  He's a perfect fit for the Biden Admin.  Totally incompetent. Gun grabber. Not too smart.  Got a post brain injury Gary Busey vibe going for him.  I mean what is not to like.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
C'mon man.  He's a perfect fit for the Biden Admin.  Totally incompetent. Gun grabber. Not too smart.  Got a post brain injury Gary Busey vibe going for him.  I mean what is not to like.

888high58888

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
See what happens when you allow other people to steal your elections?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Repeat:
See what happens when you allow other people to steal your elections?

Ask a NeverTrumper, they insisted any of this was/is better than Trump.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions