Author Topic: How Many Times Does He Have to Say "No"? Joe Manchin Is Not Going to Eliminate the Filibuster  (Read 391 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How Many Times Does He Have to Say "No"? Joe Manchin Is Not Going to Eliminate the Filibuster
By Shipwreckedcrew | May 27, 2021 1:45 PM ET

Joe Manchin has thrown cold water on yet another liberal hope that he will find a reason to vote in favor of changing the Senate rules to eliminate the legislative filibuster, stating earlier this week that he would not vote to end the filibuster if enough GOP Senators did not go along with the creation of the Democrat planned January 6 Commission.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1397932721234710528

“I’m not ready to destroy our government.”

That doesn’t sound much to me like a guy who is just waiting for the right issue to come along to make the Senate a purely majoritarian body.

Manchin has made a parlor game out of getting the hopes up of the radical leftists who know that if he can be persuaded to vote to change the rules, their revolutionary agenda that would change American culture might come to fruition. Several weeks ago, in response to a growing chorus on the left for him to join in the revolution by eliminating the filibuster, Manchin put a carrot out on a stick just a bit out of reach for the radicals and media to grab.  He said that he still believes in the idea of negotiation between the two parties in the Senate and he would not consider eliminating the filibuster until such time that he became convinced such negotiations were not being conducted by his GOP colleagues in good faith.

“Aha!!” cried the radicals — “All we need to do is convince Manchin that the GOP Senators are the scumbags we have been claiming they are all along.”

more
https://redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2021/05/27/how-many-times-does-he-have-to-say-no-joe-manchin-is-not-going-to-eliminate-the-filibuster-n386394
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Since he's Manchin, I need an infinite number of "noes" until he actually votes against eliminating the filibuster.  Dittos for Sinema.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

What's those stories about snakes or scorpions?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I don't care if he says it a hundred times I don't trust him.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

The question is how many times does Biden have to ask before Manchin says 'yes'.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
I don't care if he says it a hundred times I don't trust him.

Exactly! 

Probably negotiating the number of traffic lanes for the new highway/bridge span.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The question is how many times does Biden have to ask before Manchin says 'yes'.

Yep!
Support the USO