Author Topic: 'They've broken my son's nose': Father of Belarus journalist dragged off Ryanair flight says he look  (Read 240 times)

Offline thackney

'They've broken my son's nose': Father of Belarus journalist dragged off Ryanair flight says he looks like he is wearing make-up to hide signs of torture and has teeth missing as the dissident blogger appears on state TV to 'confess' his crimes
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9614183/Ryanair-hijacking-Belarus-journalist-arrested-says-confessing-crimes.html
25 May 2021

...Roman's arrest came after his Ryanair flight from Greece to Lithuania was intercepted by a Belarusian fighter jet and diverted to Minsk under the pretense of a Hamas bomb threat against the aircraft.

After touching down in the Belarusian capital, Mr Protasevich and Russian girlfriend Sofia Sapega were bundled into an SUV by security agents and driven away.

The video marks the first time that Roman has been seen since that moment, and shows him sitting in a dark hoodie at a wooden desk while telling viewers that he is in good health and is being treated well.

'I continue cooperating with investigators and am confessing to having organised mass unrest in the city of Minsk,' he adds.

But exiled opposition leader Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, who was forced to appear in a similar video denouncing pro-democracy protests after Belarus's 2020 election, said the footage was made under 'physical and moral pressure' and that she fears for his life....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

EU locks out Belarus from international aviation
https://euobserver.com/world/151927

EU leaders have agreed a first wave of economic sanctions against Belarus over Sunday's (23 May) hijacking and said there were more to come.

The EU "calls on all EU-based carriers to avoid overflight of Belarus" and will "ban overflight of EU airspace by Belarusian airlines and prevent access to EU airports of flights operated by such airlines", leaders said in a joint statement after meeting in Brussels on Monday....

- - - - - - - -

« Last Edit: May 25, 2021, 02:21:20 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer