Author Topic: Why Are Democrats So Afraid of Election Audits? By Charlie Kirk  (Read 8192 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Why Are Democrats So Afraid of Election Audits?
Democrats claim election audits like the one in Arizona are an existential threat to democracy, but it’s difficult to see how—unless they reveal that our elections have been hijacked.
By Charlie Kirk
May 22, 2021

Democrats are positively terrified of election audits that aren’t completely controlled by the political establishment. If there’s a chance an audit might reveal meaningful information, you can bet Democrats (and certain weak Republicans) will stridently oppose it. The only audits Democrats and their allies support are the ones designed to rubber-stamp previous conclusions.

The increasingly desperate attacks on the ongoing audit in Maricopa County, Arizona—particularly those intended to undermine the credibility of the auditors—show just how much the Democratic Party establishment fears the whole process. Their entire argument is based on sarcasm, scorn, and scare quotes.

The auditors are inspecting the paper that ballots were printed on? They must believe in a far-fetched conspiracy theory!

The auditors are checking to make sure the ballots don’t have watermarks that are not supposed to be there? They must be members of fringe online message boards!

The audit is being funded primarily by private donations? It must be an elaborate “grift” rather than a serious fact-finding effort (not to mention they need the funds to fend off the litany of lawsuits they’re facing).

By smearing the auditors as corrupt and/or inept, and the audit itself as a partisan stunt, leftists are hoping they can discredit the process and convince Americans to stop asking pesky questions about whether any laws were broken or procedural loopholes exploited during the 2020 elections. That’s the way people respond to questions when they don’t want anyone to know the answers.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2021/05/22/why-are-democrats-so-afraid-of-election-audits/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Restored

• TBR Advisory Committee
Re: Why Are Democrats So Afraid of Election Audits? By Charlie Kirk
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 01:52:11 pm »
They were getting away with it so much, they got sloppy. If they can replace paying the precinct captains to create votes with paying the computer company that counts the votes, they will win every time and they can disregard the groups that demand so much payback.
Countdown to Resignation

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 02:23:11 pm »
The dream i.e. delusion lives. Just a few more audits and Biden will get ousted and Trump reinstalled.
Sure thing.  :facepalm2:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 02:24:18 pm »
We all know very well why!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 02:25:41 pm »
The dream i.e. delusion lives. Just a few more audits and Biden will get ousted and Trump reinstalled.
The delusion is your's - no one believes this election will be overturned.

Why would a good conservative such as yourself want so desperately for everyone to believe the rats don't cheat?

Offline DB

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 02:51:55 pm »

Interesting how invested you are in this claim. Something you cannot possibly know as being fact.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 02:58:21 pm »
It must be because audits are a waste of taxpayer money that could be spent on important things like partial birth abortions on demand, or sex change surgery for illegal immigrants.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 03:21:25 pm »
It must be because audits are a waste of taxpayer money that could be spent on important things like partial birth abortions on demand, or sex change surgery for illegal immigrants.

LOL.  The Audit under way in AZ was financed by private donations....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 04:53:23 pm »
They wouldn't oppose the audit if they thought it wouldn't reveal the most massive voter fraud operation in history.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 04:56:07 pm »

The purpose of the audit isn't to overturn the results of the last election.

The purpose of the audit is to show the true results of the last election.   

Everyone knows that Trump won the election.  You certainly do.

Now it just needs to become a matter of official record that people like you support voter fraud.

What's your stance on mandatory voter ID, no mailing of ballots, and massive criminal penalties for those who defraud the vote?
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 05:13:23 pm »

How's that Trump-encephalitis going?  :cool:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 05:47:16 pm »
The delusion is your's - no one believes this election will be overturned.

Why would a good conservative such as yourself want so desperately for everyone to believe the rats don't cheat?
Sure, the rats cheat if possible. But there's zero proof that enough cheating went on to lose Trump the election.
And given Trump's past history where every time something went against him he was cheated (like his loss to Cruz in Iowa in 2016), why should we believe anything he says?
I don't trust any politician. And yes, Trump is a politician. When you get elected to the presidency, that pretty much confirms it.
He doesn't lie as much as Dem pols who basically like about everything, but he tells enough whoppers.
Including the whopper of being cheated out of last November's election.
Trump simply can't admit that he lost to the worst Dem candidate I've ever seen, Joe Biden.
Stop believing Trump's lies, and let's get on with obtaining a decent candidate for 2024.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2021, 05:47:56 pm »
Interesting how invested you are in this claim. Something you cannot possibly know as being fact.
But you know, without any proof, that Trump was cheated in 2020? Amazing.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2021, 05:51:08 pm »
The purpose of the audit isn't to overturn the results of the last election.

The purpose of the audit is to show the true results of the last election.   

Everyone knows that Trump won the election.  You certainly do.

Now it just needs to become a matter of official record that people like you support voter fraud.

What's your stance on mandatory voter ID, no mailing of ballots, and massive criminal penalties for those who defraud the vote?
"Everyone knows that Trump won the election.  You certainly do."

:facepalm:    I CERTAINLY!!!! know Trump LOST!!!!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 05:52:24 pm »
How's that Trump-encephalitis going?  :cool:
Have a nice day CL.  :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2021, 05:53:06 pm »

You could be served the truth on a silver platter and you would still insist your President won the election.  You claim there is "zero evidence" the Rats won the election by cheating, but there is ample evidence these past few months that you got your preferred President, and will tell any lie to justify it.
I will NOT comply.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2021, 06:07:57 pm »
Sure, the rats cheat if possible. But there's zero proof that enough cheating went on to lose Trump the election.
And given Trump's past history where every time something went against him he was cheated (like his loss to Cruz in Iowa in 2016), why should we believe anything he says?
I don't trust any politician. And yes, Trump is a politician. When you get elected to the presidency, that pretty much confirms it.
He doesn't lie as much as Dem pols who basically like about everything, but he tells enough whoppers.
Including the whopper of being cheated out of last November's election.
Trump simply can't admit that he lost to the worst Dem candidate I've ever seen, Joe Biden.
Stop believing Trump's lies, and let's get on with obtaining a decent candidate for 2024.

I agree with you @goatprairie , I don't believe most of what Trump says, and for exactly the reasons you cite.  So forget Trump.  Leave him out of this completely.

What did *you* see when swing states suspended counting then suddenly came back with hundreds of thousands of votes at 95%+ for Biden?
What did *you* see when observers were sent home on video in Georgia only to have vote counting continue without any break?
What do *you* think Article I Section 4 of the Constitution means when it says "shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof"?

Do you think Trump made these things up?

Are you going to maintain your current position when these same things happen in 2024 and DeSantis, or Cruz, or someone you do favor, loses in those states by a fraction of a percent of the vote?

We have to stop bending things around Trump, whether pro- or anti-.  The argument for an audit is completely independent of anything Trump says or doesn't say, and he's going away, one way or another, sooner or later.  Whatever the audit findings he and his supporters will scream that he was personally cheated and should be restored to the Oval Office, but no sane person expects that or is attempting that.  What we must have is reform to voting laws so that elections deliver credible results that people believe, and those needs can be made clear through audits.

Trump is temporary.  Credible elections are not supposed to be temporary. 
James 1:20

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 09:48:32 pm »
All this ridiculous arguing with goat and roamer.
Why bother?
You'll never persuade them in changing their point of view. They'll just come back and taunt you more.
I treat them as I treat other democrat-communists:
Put 'em on ignore, and leave 'em there.

Offline DB

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2021, 09:50:02 pm »

My lying eyes... There was clearly a lot of cheating going on. I don't know if it was enough to change the overall outcome but I strongly suspect it was.

You on the other hand demand with certainty that all is well - without evidence. You're the one taking the fool's position in your certainty.

Offline DB

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 09:53:34 pm »
I agree with you @goatprairie , I don't believe most of what Trump says, and for exactly the reasons you cite.  So forget Trump.  Leave him out of this completely.

What did *you* see when swing states suspended counting then suddenly came back with hundreds of thousands of votes at 95%+ for Biden?
What did *you* see when observers were sent home on video in Georgia only to have vote counting continue without any break?
What do *you* think Article I Section 4 of the Constitution means when it says "shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof"?

Are you going to maintain your current position when these same things happen in 2024 and DeSantis, or Cruz, or someone you do favor, loses in those states by a fraction of a percent of the vote?

We have to stop bending things around Trump, whether pro- or anti-.  The argument for an audit is completely independent of anything Trump says or doesn't say, and he's going away, one way or another, sooner or later.  Whatever the audit findings he and his supporters will scream that he was personally cheated and should be restored to the Oval Office, but no sane person expects that or is attempting that.  What we must have is reform to voting laws so that elections deliver credible results that people believe, and those needs can be made clear through audits.

Trump is temporary.  Credible elections are not supposed to be temporary.

It has been explained ad nauseam that this has nothing to do with whatever Trump is saying. @goatprairie ignores it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2021, 12:16:43 pm »
All this ridiculous arguing with goat and roamer.
Why bother?
You'll never persuade them in changing their point of view. They'll just come back and taunt you more.
I treat them as I treat other democrat-communists:
Put 'em on ignore, and leave 'em there.
To be fair, I have seen @roamer_1 write that he believes that fraud went on, but that belief won't get you a cup of coffee. What is needed is verifiable, documented, proof accepted into evidence in a court of law. Without that last part, that proof isn't worth Aunt Tillie's will written a half hour before she blew a gasket, witnessed by a barfly and written on a cocktail napkin.

He has a point. Unless and until that evidence is sworn to in a court of law, it only serves to frustrate, aggravate, and motivate us to demand removing the rules (crafted unconstitutionally by appointees and minor elected officials) which make fraud possible if not highly likely.

I saw the spikes, the flipped totals, supposedly feed from servers updating votes, and have read the accounts of more votes than voters, right along with the rest of us. We know, as best we can that fraud occurred. Now we need to know how, how much, for whom, and be able to prove it. Then change the process to make sure it doesn't happen again.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2021, 01:05:50 pm »
To be fair, I have seen @roamer_1 write that he believes that fraud went on, but that belief won't get you a cup of coffee. What is needed is verifiable, documented, proof accepted into evidence in a court of law.

That's almost entirely right @Smokin Joe , missing only my massive distrust of the media - On BOTH sides of the aisle... None of it's worth a plugged nickel if the information you think you are getting ain't trustworthy in the first place - And I don't think ANY of it is - As illustrated by the Kraken, and the whole of the Dominion shtick - 'THE' charge that would serve to make it interstate conspiracy across state lines, and even involving international intrigue. SWEET. Too bad it was all bullcrap. 100% horse puckey. Bupkis. When something that well lofted turns out to be a big fat lie, how do you ever trust a damn thing they ever told you, or what they will tell you tomorrow?

That is the fatal exception in my belief, and why I will not take it as seriously as all y'all do. as it is just participating with the same dang waggin tongues I hate so much. Truth lies dead in the streets, and what is left us forgets that innocence is assumed until proven otherwise in a court of law. In fact, it preens itself, and tells me such things are not necessary.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:07:41 pm by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2021, 01:20:38 pm »

That is hard to do when he injects himself purposefully into it.

How much of it stands up if the people telling you about it are caught lying through their teeth?

An interesting conundrum, because all y'all face the very same Sword of Damocles... Whatever will all y'all do when the Republicans take the midterms by leaps and bounds? What will y'all do with yourselves if DeSantis or Cruz as it were, wins the thing handily?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 01:21:28 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2021, 01:21:43 pm »
And given Trump's past history where every time something went against him he was cheated (like his loss to Cruz in Iowa in 2016)

Again:  https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,437063.msg2433630.html#msg2433630

Gracious in defeat, Trump concedes Iowa

BEN SCHRECKINGER 02/01/2016 11:03 PM EST

WEST DES MOINES, IOWA — All of a sudden, Donald Trump doesn’t mind losing.

A gracious Trump gave brief concession remarks on Monday night, congratulating Ted Cruz and expressing gratitude to his team and the people of Iowa.

Trump said he had been told at the outset of his campaign that he could not finish in the top 10 in Iowa and that he was satisfied with his second place finish.

“We’re just so happy with the way everything worked out,” he said.

“I’m just honored,” he said. “I’m really honored and I want to congratulate Ted and I want to congratulate all of the incredible candidates, including Mike Huckabee who’s become a really good friend of mine.”  .  .  .

https://www.politico.com/blogs/iowa-caucus-2016-live-updates/2016/02/donald-trump-iowa-caucuses-cruz-218598

So once again, who's the liar?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2021, 01:32:53 pm »
That is hard to do when he injects himself purposefully into it.
Agreed, Trump's narcissism is toxic to everything it touches.  The sooner we put him behind us the better off we'll all be.
How much of it stands up if the people telling you about it are caught lying through their teeth?
Are you saying that the swing states did not suspend counting and then add hundreds of thousands of votes for Biden overnight?  Or that Georgia did not send observers home and then continue counting, or that Article I does not give authority for electoral laws solely to state legislatures?

Or that Pennsylvania did not count more votes than were cast?

Exactly which of these things have been shown to be lies?

Just because the Dominion Kraken so far looks like a Care Bear's shadow doesn't mean that none of it happened.
An interesting conundrum, because all y'all face the very same Sword of Damocles... Whatever will all y'all do when the Republicans take the midterms by leaps and bounds? What will y'all do with yourselves if DeSantis or Cruz as it were, wins the thing handily?
I'll be very happy if those things happen.  And I'll still maintain that election procedures need serious clean-up until they are cleaned up.

This isn't just about getting my way.  It's about getting elections that people can believe.  Sometimes those elections will go my way, sometimes they won't.  But they have to be credible, and right now they aren't.
James 1:20