Author Topic: (Coulter)  (Read 159 times)

BassWrangler

(Coulter)
« on: May 22, 2021, 05:11:00 pm »

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1396120739988840455

One day this week I attended a talk given by a seasoned Republican activist and commentator who had made a careful, thorough scrutiny of last year's presidential election. It was a private gathering so I can't give any names, but the speaker was impressively knowledgeable.

The most striking thing he said was, quote: "It was Jared Kushner who lost the election for us." End quote.

He'd been telling campaign stories. For example: The pandemic-related changes to election procedures in many states, like the expansion of mail-in voting and the stretching of deadlines for absentee voting, got a lot of conservative Republican operators and observers — people like this speaker — seriously worried. Those changes opened up so many new opportunities for shenanigans at the polls.

So a group of these Republicans asked for a meeting at the White House to discuss the matter, and to prompt the Trump administration to get legal challenges going to these changes. Eventually the word came back from the White House: OK, let's set up a meeting. A meeting was set up. At the appointed date and time, our speaker and others showed up in the appointed White House conference room.

Trump wasn't present. Jared was, though, and Ivanka. They listened politely to the arguments from the worried Republicans, and said they'd take their concerns to the president.

And then, guess what? Nothing. Nothing was done.

Our speaker had other stories along similar lines. He concluded by saying the thing I said he said: "It was Jared Kushner who lost the election for us."

If he was right, that is of course equivalent to saying that Trump lost his own election, by his appalling decisions on personnel.