Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right  (Read 20085 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2021, 05:25:38 pm »
Read the material at the link I posted above @HoustonSam and you will soon discover that "subject to the  jurisdiction there of" means sole and complete. Not subject to any other jurisdiction.  It' perfectly clear.

@Bigun

Unless it says "'subject to the jurisdiction thereof' means their parents are US citizens" it won't matter to this disagreement.  Anyone physically in the US is solely and completely within the jurisdiction of the US.  They can't defend themselves from criminal charges by arguing foreign principles of law, US law and only US law matters.

Jurisdiction is not a concept of parentage.  It is strictly a concept of whose rules apply where you are.  US rules and only US rules apply within the US and everyone physically here is completely and solely subject to US jurisdiction, except for foreign diplomats, and no other country can enforce its laws within the US even against its own citizens while they are here.  That is what the 14th Amendment is talking about, not the citizenship of anyone's parents.
James 1:20

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2021, 05:26:31 pm »
Just because non-conservatives hate him doesn't mean he'll be able to move forward any conservtiave programs or policies.  Cruz wouldn't be the first alleged "conservative" Republican from Texas, like Bush 43, to be a RINO.

Maybe people hate him simply because he's another Ivy League educated know-it-all know-nothing.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the last president who wasn't an Ivy League graduate was Reagan.

Bushes = Yale
Clinton, Obama = Harvard
Trump = Penn

Biden isn't Ivy League, but is he really President?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 05:28:08 pm by GrouchoTex »

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #152 on: May 21, 2021, 05:36:16 pm »
It will be if Cruz runs,  A perfect time to weaken our agenda.

You mean you're going to team up with the Rodents to become a "Birther"? 

That's not surprising, is it?

So you're not a fan, duly noted.

I don't spin.

The Constitution is not a complex document for the most part.

It was written so the normally educated person of late 18th Century America could understand it and discuss it.

You need to explain why you're helping a conservative sabotage the constitution.  You first.

I'm not.   Conservatives don't sabotage the Constitution.  RINOs do.

I mean, I'm sorry that Jeb! failed to get the clap he needed (not really sad at all about that) and it's really a shame Mr. "Do You Know Who I Am" Kaysick was shut out (no, that was funny and pathetic), but it's not the conservatives I see here with their shoes off ready to throw.

You do know what the origins of the word sabotage are, don't you?

Did you think this through  pointing-up  Or were you going for moronic?

You seem to be having issues with people trying to defend one of our best hopes of getting a solid conservative leader into the White House again.

Generally speaking, all this civil discord between the Americans and the RINOs helps the RINOs by helping the Rodents, and it's going to be Kamel's Butt on the next presidential ballot, probably.   Certainly won't be the Senile Joe Puppet.  He's being used to cause maximum damage and then they'll be removing him and putting up the next puppet who will try to claim "distance" from the disaster.  And because the POC will claim "distance" it will be racist to blame her for what the White Guy did.

But the RINOs are helping that action.  The RINOs do hate what America stands for, after all.  Can't deny that fact of life.

I'd like to see the test scores, if you don't mind.

You're reading them.   

You're even taking the test, right now.

[/quote]
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #153 on: May 21, 2021, 05:38:23 pm »
@Bigun

Unless it says "'subject to the jurisdiction thereof' means their parents are US citizens" it won't matter to this disagreement.  Anyone physically in the US is solely and completely within the jurisdiction of the US.  They can't defend themselves from criminal charges by arguing foreign principles of law, US law and only US law matters.

Jurisdiction is not a concept of parentage.  It is strictly a concept of whose rules apply where you are.  US rules and only US rules apply within the US and everyone physically here is completely and solely subject to US jurisdiction, except for foreign diplomats, and no other country can enforce its laws within the US even against its own citizens while they are here.  That is what the 14th Amendment is talking about, not the citizenship of anyone's parents.

It's apparent to me that your mind is made up and that nothing I say is going to change that despite your tiresome patronization.  I would be thankful if you would stop that.

Praising someone's scholarship whil, in the same breath, rejecting it entirely is unbecoming. @HoustonSam 
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2021, 05:39:08 pm »
I agree with the article.

Same here.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2021, 05:40:46 pm »
You mean you're going to team up with the Rodents to become a "Birther"? 

That's not surprising, is it?

I don't spin.

The Constitution is not a complex document for the most part.

It was written so the normally educated person of late 18th Century America could understand it and discuss it.

I'm not.   Conservatives don't sabotage the Constitution.  RINOs do.

I mean, I'm sorry that Jeb! failed to get the clap he needed (not really sad at all about that) and it's really a shame Mr. "Do You Know Who I Am" Kaysick was shut out (no, that was funny and pathetic), but it's not the conservatives I see here with their shoes off ready to throw.

You do know what the origins of the word sabotage are, don't you?

You seem to be having issues with people trying to defend one of our best hopes of getting a solid conservative leader into the White House again.

Generally speaking, all this civil discord between the Americans and the RINOs helps the RINOs by helping the Rodents, and it's going to be Kamel's Butt on the next presidential ballot, probably.   Certainly won't be the Senile Joe Puppet.  He's being used to cause maximum damage and then they'll be removing him and putting up the next puppet who will try to claim "distance" from the disaster.  And because the POC will claim "distance" it will be racist to blame her for what the White Guy did.

But the RINOs are helping that action.  The RINOs do hate what America stands for, after all.  Can't deny that fact of life.

You're reading them.   

You're even taking the test, right now.

Keep in mind @Sled Dog RIV never was and never will be a Conservative.  She supported Trump because it let her exercise her inner bully...as he did for a lot of people.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2021, 05:42:37 pm »
This comes up again and again.

When have the courts, ever ruled that a candidate for office was not qualified, due to not being a Natural Born Citizen. Many cases have been filed. Most all of them were dropped due to Lack of Standing.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #157 on: May 21, 2021, 05:43:29 pm »
Same here.

I agree with the article as well, period!   :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:                         

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #158 on: May 21, 2021, 05:46:14 pm »
This comes up again and again.

When have the courts, ever ruled that a candidate for office was not qualified, due to not being a Natural Born Citizen. Many cases have been filed. Most all of them were dropped due to Lack of Standing.

Yes! And "standing" is a contrivance of progressive era courts which allows them to avoid cases they do not wish to hear.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2021, 05:50:34 pm »
Keep in mind @Sled Dog RIV never was and never will be a Conservative.  She supported Trump because it let her exercise her inner bully...as he did for a lot of people.

RIV is the best Conservative you'll find in these parts @txradioguy

Good to see you posting.  Hope is all going well.

« Reply #160 on: May 21, 2021, 06:02:27 pm »

I'm a conservative @Sled Dog ---- albeit a rather unique one.  I prefer to win elections.

I realize you're still kindda new around here, but I'm not a bully.  "Bully" is usually tossed at me for having won a hard fought debate point or three.  I guess it just comes with the territory. 

Having said that, if I've been too rough on you, I apologize.    :beer:

« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2021, 06:05:47 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

If Ted Cruz were to win the Nomination in 2024, for whom would you vote?

I'd probably leave it blank and vote down ticket @Cyber Liberty

But I really don't know.  It's way too early.  Let's see what happens with HR 1.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 06:08:21 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2021, 06:11:01 pm »

The point is @Sled Dog --- I do not think Ted Cruz is our best hope of getting a "solid" conservative leader back into the White House.

We can, and must, do much, much better.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #163 on: May 21, 2021, 06:21:11 pm »

But I really don't know.  It's way too early.  Let's see what happens with HR 1.

Must be nice.

My experience in 2016 here in California, the land of fascist fruits and communist nuts, was that I could not submit my vote for Trump unless I selected either one of two Rodents running for Senate that year.

The unconstitutional "jungle primary" in effect put two Rodents on the Senate ticket and ONLY those two Rodents.

Nor could I write in James Madison in their place.  The rules of the jungle were that I had no choices. 

I could either throw my ballot at a wetback illegal alien traitor or something named after a Kamel's Ass who rejected the idea of early prison release because the cities would have to pay more money for litter cleanup.   I tossed the coin and threw I vote I had no desire to cast at a Kamel's anus.   The anus was dirty and sticky and the ballot stuck.

So I voted for Trump, voted "no" on a lot of Propositions, and that was that.  California's electoral votes naturally went to that deranged drunken planking Russian bribe taker married to that Rapist who was  favorite guest at Epstein Island.

California, one of the worst states in the country.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #164 on: May 21, 2021, 06:22:01 pm »
The point is @Sled Dog --- I do not think Ted Cruz is our best hope of getting a "solid" conservative leader back into the White House.

We can, and must, do much, much better.

Good for you.

So that explains why you're stabbing him, and the entire GOP, in the back with spurious nonsense about birtherism, just like Hillary liked to do.

Nice.

Offline Sled Dog

« Reply #165 on: May 21, 2021, 06:28:12 pm »
I'm a conservative @Sled Dog ---- albeit a rather unique one.  I prefer to win elections.

I realize you're still kindda new around here, but I'm not a bully.  "Bully" is usually tossed at me for having won a hard fought debate point or three.  I guess it just comes with the territory. 

Having said that, if I've been too rough on you, I apologize.    :beer:

I declined to respond to that post.

Personally, I'm dead tired of RINO Republicans and other invertebrates perpetually apologizing for not saying exactly what their Rodent Masters want them to say, or, rather, for saying what their Masters want them to say so they can be beaten up publicly.   

Bush II managed to make me totally disgusted with him before he even got to the California primary, he was such a wuss.

I like the fact that Trump not only tweets "mean things", but that the Rodents were always freaking out over it.

Politics is not a game for the faint of heart.   It's at it's core a bare-knuckles brawl and the GOP simply does not have enough street fighters.  That's one of the big reasons why they lose and cave in so reliably.    They care what our enemies say about them.  And the enemies know they care, which only encourages them.

As for me, I don't take offense and the only time I've ever complained to a moderator is when some animal publicly wished my unborn child would die.   That kind of stuff is excessive.  (Not a TBR event)

So, say what you need, don't take it personally, right?

Right.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #166 on: May 21, 2021, 06:29:51 pm »

Then "Never Cruz" is to be your appropriate title.  Remember that when you chew out Never Trumps, you carry the seeds of the next Never movement.

There some word that starts with "H" that applies...
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #167 on: May 21, 2021, 06:38:48 pm »
I want candidates with accomplishments, not just credentials and reputations.

The trash talkers can save it for a rap battle at the next CPAC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stXkmmGJdBE
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #168 on: May 21, 2021, 06:43:47 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

If Ted Cruz were to win the Nomination in 2024, for whom would you vote?
my totally unsolicited answer to your question is, given it being a fact one of two candidates, R & D, was going to end up leading the country, I would vote for the one who offered the best chance the America I love would survive for another four years.

I cannot imagine this would not apply to Cruz, were he to win the primary. And to hell with hurt feelings & bruised egos.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 07:03:33 pm by skeeter »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #169 on: May 21, 2021, 06:55:53 pm »
Well, speaking as a "mindless pro-Trump bot", I have no vendetta against Cruz.  I have concerns about his ability to connect with enough Americans to win a national election and I have concerns about upending one of the most brilliant protections our Founders included in defining eligibility for President of the United States.  This protection has already taken two direct hits --- but the third for Cruz would end it.  We would no longer require our President to even be born on American soil.  This gift to the globalists is just too damn big for my comfort or support.

Why are some so tethered to this one candidate?  Are there not others with conservative track records that go beyond speeches and don't come with Ted Cruz's baggage?  Or is winning still considered to be a goal for the other guys?

Trunp Bot?

I don't put you in that category.  Actually there are only a very few select  here that meet that criteria.  FR? OTOH, there are still turds over there calling him Lyin Ted, and making all kinds of false accusations.

As far as being tethered to Cruz...., those days are over.  Now I  prefer DeSantis or Cotton, at this point.  My main beef is a select faction of the Rabid Trump army who seem to go out of their way to lie about Cruz, or falsely tarnish his reputation.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #170 on: May 21, 2021, 06:59:56 pm »

That picture resulted registered  a 6.0 on the Richter Scale at TOS.  Cruz is still the anti-Christ at that toilet of a site, and the owner doesnt even try to tone them down.   
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #171 on: May 21, 2021, 07:08:44 pm »
That picture resulted registered  a 6.0 on the Richter Scale at TOS.  Cruz is still the anti-Christ at that toilet of a site, and the owner doesnt even try to tone them down.
Loyalty to a person or a cause should be admired, and if he runs Trump has my vote, but that kind of dogmatism is just ugly. Not to mention counterproductive.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #172 on: May 21, 2021, 07:15:00 pm »
Loyalty to a person or a cause should be admired, and if he runs Trump has my vote, but that kind of dogmatism is just ugly. Not to mention counterproductive.

I see they haven't changed since the Great FReeper Migration of 2016.  We picked up a lot of really good Members then.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #173 on: May 21, 2021, 07:30:41 pm »
Illegal aliens are not "subject to the jurisdiction thereof".   

They're criminals.

They're citizens of another country and subject to the jurisdiction of their country.  The word does not mean "inside our circle of Magic Dirt".
It means precisely that they are "inside our circle of Magic Dirt."  That's the only way we can consider them criminals according to our law.  It's the reason why if they break the law here they are tried here, not in their home country.
Until they are properly naturalized, those people are subjects of their own country, not the US.       Sure, we can prosecute them when they break laws, but they're not treated as citizens under the law.   Because they're  not subject to our jurisdiction, they get to call the Mexican consulate when they're arrested and come under special scrutiny.
You simply have a category error in your thinking.  If they were not subject to our jurisdiction then they couldn't be prosecuted here, with or without the Mexican consulate.
Why are you so eager to give the Golden Treasure of US citizenship to the spawn of any criminal that can crawl across the border?    What have they done to deserve it?
Back to your unfortunate struggles with reading comprehension.  I've been as clear as I can be on this thread that I do *not* favor "anchor baby" citizenship, I just recognize that it's the reality.  Are you able to distinguish between what you wish for and what you actually see?
James 1:20

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #174 on: May 21, 2021, 07:34:46 pm »

I wouldn't say Cruz is loyal to Trump.  I'd say he's demonstrating pragmatic fealty to Trump to get access to Trump's voters, donors, and organizers.

Other than Trump's favor, what else do Republicans have to offer independent voters?

What are their most recent accomplishments of note, other Republican Reps and Senators than taking credit to their constituents for Covid relief legislation they actually voted against?  These are the kind of guys that welch on charitable and organ donations.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.