Author Topic: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right  (Read 20087 times)

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
Re: Ted Cruz’s Time Is Coming to Lead a Resurgent Right
« Reply #175 on: May 21, 2021, 07:37:17 pm »
It's apparent to me that your mind is made up and that nothing I say is going to change that despite your tiresome patronization.  I would be thankful if you would stop that.

Praising someone's scholarship whil, in the same breath, rejecting it entirely is unbecoming. @HoustonSam

I always thought intellectually honest people could respect each other's work and thinking, and say so, and still reach a different conclusion.  Something about "reasonable people can differ."  Guess I was wrong.

I regret that my giving you credit where credit is due, but reaching my own conclusion and explaining why, makes you feel patronized @Bigun.  Maybe it would be better if I jumped immediately to mischaracterization, name calling, and non-sequitur; that seems to be a popular MO around here so perhaps it's just better understood.
James 1:20

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #176 on: May 21, 2021, 07:44:42 pm »
I'd probably leave it blank and vote down ticket @Cyber Liberty

But I really don't know.  It's way too early.  Let's see what happens with HR 1.

If you do leave a Cruz ballot blank in the general election @Right_in_Virginia you'll have a lot of apologies to make to @roamer_1 for the ceaseless beating he's taken from you (and others) for counterproductive purism.  In fact you probably owe it to him just for considering that you would probably leave it blank.

FWIW I won't be pulling for Trump during the primaries if he's in them, but if he is the R nominee I'm sure I will vote for him.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #177 on: May 21, 2021, 07:46:01 pm »
my totally unsolicited answer to your question is, given it being a fact one of two candidates, R & D, was going to end up leading the country, I would vote for the one who offered the best chance the America I love would survive for another four years.

I cannot imagine this would not apply to Cruz, were he to win the primary. And to hell with hurt feelings & bruised egos.

As I said to CL, I really don't know what I'd do --- and if HR1 passes I probably would just take my marbles and go home, what the hell would be the point?

But, that pesky little "not even born in the US" precedent -- well, it truly is profoundly upsetting for me.

I'm hoping Cruz does the honorable thing and not force millions of Americans to make the kind of Sophie's Choice he'd force on us.  I say "honorable" because I watched Cruz several times, in different venues, address his citizenship in 2015-2016  --- and I am convinced to my soul he knows he's not a NBC.

@skeeter
@Cyber Liberty

« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 08:01:02 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2021, 07:57:31 pm »
If you do leave a Cruz ballot blank in the general election @Right_in_Virginia you'll have a lot of apologies to make to @roamer_1

And I would....profusely.

But, right now I'm counting on Republicans being smart enough to find a more electable conservative --- preferably without an added NBC albatross.

Offline HoustonSam

« Reply #179 on: May 21, 2021, 07:59:49 pm »
And I would....profusely.

But, right now I'm counting on Republicans being smart enough to find a more electable conservative --- preferably without an added NBC albatross.

Fair enough.  And without conceding the citizenship thing, I'll certainly grant you that other Conservatives might be more electable.

Online libertybele

« Reply #180 on: May 21, 2021, 08:06:55 pm »
All this speculation about Cruz running for President has been entertaining.  He certainly has the knowledge and ability to run and organize a conservative resurgence. His leadership is greatly needed, but that doesn't mean he's aiming for the Presidency. Why would he?  He lost to Trump. He's also seen  how the left hammered Trump day in and day out; with two girls,  to think about, he doesn't need the headaches.

My hunch at this point in time, is Trump is going to be doing rallies for DeSantis and Cruz is going to be running the ground game.  The two of them are going to work on getting him into the oval office.

My other thought; Trump runs for governor of FL.

Talk about leftists heads spinning.  Pure entertainment.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline AllThatJazzZ

• Adopt your next pet, preferably a senior.
« Reply #181 on: May 21, 2021, 08:09:24 pm »
@AllThatJazzZ
Yes.
I have every time he has been on the ballot, for Senate and in the primary for Senate and POTUS.

@GrouchoTex

We have voted identically. :beer:

A government big enough to give you everything you want
is a government big enough to take away everything you have.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #182 on: May 21, 2021, 08:33:54 pm »
True and unless ALL conservatives join together to defeat the liberal stranglehold on this country we will continue to see our Republic crumble.

@libertybele

"CONSERVATISM" means the "status quo" to most people. To some people,that means "support RINO's". The Bush Crime Family thrived and greatly benefited from that definition.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online libertybele

« Reply #183 on: May 21, 2021, 08:43:32 pm »
@libertybele

"CONSERVATISM" means the "status quo" to most people. To some people,that means "support RINO's". The Bush Crime Family thrived and greatly benefited from that definition.

Well, the very definition of a RINO is Republican in name only, meaning that they run under the Republican umbrella and often vote and side with their liberal counterparts. Romney, Bush, McCain, Cheney , etc., may have an 'R' next to their name but that doesn't mean that they are conservative.  Nowhere even close.

I will NOT vote RINO.  It's just not going to happen.  Romney can run against Biden or Harris and he won't get my vote. 

It's the same old blame game over and over again and liberalism continues to prevail because as @roamer_1 has clearly pointed out the GOP offers absolutely no opposition.  Even if they claim  that they do, in the end, they accomplish absolutely nothing!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #184 on: May 21, 2021, 08:47:46 pm »
As I said to CL, I really don't know what I'd do --- and if HR1 passes I probably would just take my marbles and go home, what the hell would be the point?

@skeeter
@Cyber Liberty
Agree re: HB1, I’ll prolly do the same.

The citizenship thing isn’t a big consideration for me, if for no other reason than I’m tired of our guys being held to a different standard than the rats. If the purple lipped prince was able to torture us for eight years why should any of us care about that standard anymore? It will never apply to their kind.

Online libertybele

« Reply #185 on: May 21, 2021, 08:58:21 pm »
Agree re: HB1, I’ll prolly do the same.

The citizenship thing isn’t a big consideration for me, if for no other reason than I’m tired of our guys being held to a different standard than the rats. If the purple lipped prince was able to torture us for eight years why should any of us care about that standard anymore? It will never apply to their kind.

Does anyone really see HB1 not passing? Seriously?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #186 on: May 21, 2021, 09:00:28 pm »
Really?

The people of the state of Pennsylvania were in agreement with how that legislature defined how the 2020 electors would be selected.    There was no battle to wage.   The Rodents usurped the authority presented to the State legislatures by means of judicial and executive fiat, coming between the people and their legislature to do so, thereby invalidating those electors sent to Washington from those states.   

The people's agreement is with what their legislatures commanded.    That was violated.

And in that case, the people of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania have every right to take legal action, first against their Commonwealth subject to appeal to federal court.  And in that regard, the courts unfortunately were complicit in that corruption.

Here in Georgia, it was more clear cut.  The Secretary of State unilaterally changed election laws seven months before the election.  And no one challenged him on it.  So it is disingenuous for the people to do nothing about it until after the election is over.

Of course if fraud, conspiracy, and other wrong doings are proven, then all bets are off.  But the fact remains that the people of this State were tacitly complicit in unconstitutional changes to our election laws.   And no judge is going to touch that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2021, 09:01:53 pm »
Right now I'm looking at DeSantis. He has very good potential.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2021, 09:12:31 pm »

With this current batch of Republicans?  No.  The Senate has the power to kill it.  Even more so with reconciliation.  But it would mean Senate Republicans would have to work on Fridays.  And that is simply one bridge too far for saving America.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2021, 09:20:58 pm »
With this current batch of Republicans?  No.  The Senate has the power to kill it.  Even more so with reconciliation.  But it would mean Senate Republicans would have to work on Fridays.  And that is simply one bridge too far for saving America.

Exactly. Everything that the DEMS want will pass. There is no opposition.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2021, 09:46:22 pm »
You just need to remember that "Principled Conservatism" is the magic shield the Never Trumpers hide behind to pretend that they're the real conservatives, even if they helped prevent Trump's success and supported the 2020 electoral coup.
Principled conservatism would not tolerate stolen elections. Period. Take a powder, willya? Or a Midol.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2021, 10:07:44 pm »
No.

Not "everyone born on US soil".    That certainly is not the case.  Anchor babies are not a thing allowed by the Constitution.

The parent of the child born in the US has to be under the jurisdiction of the US at the time of spawning.   And the law clearly excludes children of diplomatic services and by extension sluts spawning on the US under tourist and other visas.   It took court rulings in the 1920's to make Indians living on Indian Reservations automatic US citizens, and possibly even some legislation.    Anchor babying and spawning tourism are myths promoted by Rodents that hate America and other enemies.

And Obama's momma was not old enough to transfer her citizenship onto her spawn when she dropped him off in Kenya.  That was the law at the time.
Harris' parents were here on student visas, and not eligible to confer citizenship in any but their native countries. Part of the student visa criteria is that the student does not intend to seek US citizenship.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline skeeter

« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2021, 10:08:58 pm »
Does it matter whether or not I think it will?

If it does it will be because the GOPe allowed it to. If it does I'm checking out & will wait for a movement that offers some hope of recovering what this nation has lost.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 10:11:55 pm by skeeter »

Online libertybele

« Reply #193 on: May 21, 2021, 10:15:55 pm »
Does it matter whether or not I think it will?

If it does it will be because the GOPe allowed it to. If it does I'm checking out & will wait for a movement that offers some hope of recovering what this nation has lost.

Pray to God that such a movement will actually occur, and this nation will not recover anytime soon, and I believe we're looking realistically at several decades.  I doubt I'll live to see the renewal.

Online libertybele

« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2021, 10:16:44 pm »
Principled conservatism would not tolerate stolen elections. Period. Take a powder, willya? Or a Midol.

Nor would a principled SCOTUS!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #195 on: May 21, 2021, 10:19:04 pm »
Pray to God that such a movement will actually occur, and this nation will not recover anytime soon, and I believe we're looking realistically at several decades.  I doubt I'll live to see the renewal.

We'll have to satisfy ourselves by telling stories to the grandkids about what it was like living in a (relatively)free country. Maybe some of it will stick.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2021, 10:22:38 pm by skeeter »

Online libertybele

« Reply #196 on: May 21, 2021, 10:25:44 pm »
We'll have to satisfy ourselves by telling stories to the grandkids about what it was like living in a free country. Maybe some of it will stick.

Passing on what it was like living in a free country will have to be passed on from family member down to family member as there will be no records left of it in the history books at least those in the U.S.A.

The end goal is for those records of history to be erased along with all the monuments and statues and certainly all the originals of the founding documents destroyed.

It may sound silly but I would urge others to keep copies of our founding documents around so that your grandkids and great grandkids and great great grandkids will be able to see them.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #197 on: May 21, 2021, 10:27:30 pm »
I'd probably leave it blank and vote down ticket @Cyber Liberty

But I really don't know.  It's way too early.  Let's see what happens with HR 1.
But...but...If you didn't vote for the Republican you'd be helping the Democrats...Or so I have been repeatedly badgered with, here and elsewhere.

Just thought I'd mention that... :tongue2:

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #198 on: May 21, 2021, 10:33:12 pm »
That picture resulted registered  a 6.0 on the Richter Scale at TOS.  Cruz is still the anti-Christ at that toilet of a site, and the owner doesnt even try to tone them down.
It don't mean nothin'. If the nomination went to Cruz, that site would shift like it did for Romney, for McStain, and ban anyone who thought otherwise. Seen it before. :shrug:

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #199 on: May 21, 2021, 10:35:38 pm »
I wouldn't say Cruz is loyal to Trump.  I'd say he's demonstrating pragmatic fealty to Trump to get access to Trump's voters, donors, and organizers.

Other than Trump's favor, what else do Republicans have to offer independent voters?

What are their most recent accomplishments of note, other Republican Reps and Senators than taking credit to their constituents for Covid relief legislation they actually voted against?  These are the kind of guys that welch on charitable and organ donations.

Looking at the graphic, What's a doner?

C S Lewis