Author Topic: Graham: 'I accept the results of the election'  (Read 364 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Graham: 'I accept the results of the election'
« on: May 17, 2021, 07:19:34 pm »
Graham: 'I accept the results of the election'
By Jordain Carney - 05/17/21 02:00 PM EDT

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said on Monday that he accepts the results of the 2020 election, and urged Republicans, including former President Donald Trump, to focus on the upcoming midterm where the party wants to win back control of Congress.

“I accept the results of the election. ... 2020 is over to me, I'm ready to march on and hopefully take back the House and the Senate in 2022,” Graham told reporters in South Carolina.

Graham’s comments come as Trump has remained focused on the 2020 election, doubling down on his false claim that it was “stolen.” Trump’s legal team has lost dozens of challenges in court and GOP state officials along with former Attorney General William Barr have dismissed suggestions of widespread fraud, but that has done nothing to lower Trump’s rhetoric.

While Graham, who voted to certify the 2020 results in January, said he accepted the results, he added that he would endorse making changes to election laws heading into 2022, including tighter voter ID requirements.

“I think what we need to do is reform election systems. ... So I think it's smart to reform our laws to make sure you are who you are,” he said.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/553913-graham-i-accept-the-results-of-the-election
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

Re: Graham: 'I accept the results of the election'
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 08:23:01 pm »
Pennsylvania, Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Arizona didn't.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 08:50:58 pm »
Was there ever a rat politician asked whether they accepted the results of the 2016 election?

Eff them all. I do not accept the results of the last election.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 08:52:20 pm by skeeter »

Offline Sled Dog

• The Ultimate Weapon: Freedom - I Won't
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2021, 09:47:04 pm »
Good for Lindsey Graham, Weatherman...er Weathervane.

I accept the results of the election, too.

The results of the 2020 election were that Trump won by a landslide.

I'm pretty sure Grammy didn't mean that.
The GOP is not the party leadership.  The GOP is the party MEMBERSHIP.   The members need to kick the leaders out if they leaders are going the wrong way.  No coddling allowed.