Author Topic: Kinzinger: ‘I’ve Been a Republican Far Longer’ than Trump — Not Letting Him ‘Hijack My Party’  (Read 1431 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kinzinger: ‘I’ve Been a Republican Far Longer’ than Trump — Not Letting Him ‘Hijack My Party’

Pam Key 16 May 2021

Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he had been a member of the Republican Party “far longer than” former President Donald Trump and declared that wasn’t going to “let him come in and hijack my party.”

Anchor Chuck Todd said, “How long do you fight to stay a member of a club or reform a club that doesn’t want you? I’m referring to the Republican Party.”

Kinzinger said, “Look, I’ve been a Republican far longer than Donald Trump has, and I’m not going to let him come in and hijack my party and turn it into something that great people like Ronald Reagan and George W. and George H.W. Bush and all the great leaders back didn’t want it to be. I’m not going to let Donald Trump win at that. That’s what the fight is about. I believe in what we used to believe in with 21st-century solutions, though.”

He added, “I think a lot of it is just an overload of information for people. So instead of kind of working through that information, a lot of people have just chosen when venue, what people, what personalities they trust and put their faith in it, I think similar to Donald Trump. I think people have to take responsibility for their own ability to work through misinformation, to remember what the Constitution is about, to be okay with losing power for a little bit, and let that actually reaffirm that you have to go out and win a next generation of conservatives. Right now, again, we’re sitting here with Donald Trump throwing up all the smokescreen of four months ago. We want to move on. It’s hard to do when he keeps bringing it back to a stolen election which, of course, wasn’t true.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021/05/16/kinzinger-ive-been-a-republican-far-longer-than-trump-not-letting-him-hijack-my-party/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Hijack?"  How does one hijack a parked car?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Rather insulting his adding Reagan in with what George W. and George H.W. Bush did to the party, I doubt Reagan would have agreed and I certainly don't. Tells me just what kind of RINO he is.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Cyber wrote:
""Hijack?"  How does one hijack a parked car?"

Fishrrman enhances:
""Hijack?"  How does one hijack a parked derelict car?"

Offline skeeter

Rather insulting his adding Reagan in with what George W. and George H.W. Bush did to the party, I doubt Reagan would have agreed and I certainly don't. Tells me just what kind of RINO he is.
Kinzinger is apparently unaware that Bush had nothing but contempt for Reagan, for much the same reason he despises Trump - he didn't consider him a club member. He just throws the names out there in ignorance because all he knows is they're republicans.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 10:24:36 pm by skeeter »

Offline libertybele

Well, he may have been a Republican longer than Trump, but I've never heard of the guy. Not so sure he really has any relevance to the party other than to perhaps the people of IL?

Perhaps he should lay out all his credentials and list all that he has done for the Republican Party, that would be a good starting point.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline skeeter

Perhaps he should lay out all his credentials and list all that he has done for the Republican Party, that would be a good starting point.

He would probably tell you his greatest service to the Republican party is to continually trash x45.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I think this little twerp represents @mystery-ak district.  He needs to be primaried and shown the door.  We don't need asswipe rinotards like him in any office higher than stool sample collector from diarrhea afflicted yaks.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Kinzinger is a political gnat.  Time for a swat.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I think this little twerp represents @mystery-ak district.  He needs to be primaried and shown the door.  We don't need asswipe rinotards like him in any office higher than stool sample collector from diarrhea afflicted yaks.

Not my district...he is north of me..my Rep is Rodney Davis..

. The district covers eastern Rockford, most of Rockford's suburbs, and a swath of exurban territory around Chicago.

@Wingnut
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 11:23:41 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Not my district...he is north of me..my Rep is Rodney Davis..

. The district covers eastern Rockford, most of Rockford's suburbs, and a swath of exurban territory around Chicago.

@Wingnut

Uggg Rockford.  Say no more!

Offline libertybele

I think this little twerp represents @mystery-ak district.  He needs to be primaried and shown the door. We don't need asswipe rinotards like him in any office higher than stool sample collector from diarrhea afflicted yaks.

@Wingnut it took me awhile to get used to your candidness, but I wouldn't have you any other way.  Genuinely honest with expressing your feelings and definitely at times you do make me really laugh. :beer:

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Victoria33

"A spokesperson for Kinzinger told The Hill that the Illinois Republican 'has a proven record of leadership and integrity, serving the interests of his constituents and his country — not the sole interests of one man.'"

Offline libertybele

"A spokesperson for Kinzinger told The Hill that the Illinois Republican 'has a proven record of leadership and integrity, serving the interests of his constituents and his country — not the sole interests of one man.'"

A person's voting record and credentials speaks much louder than anyone's endorsement.  Just sayin'.

Online Wingnut

@Wingnut it took me awhile to get used to your candidness, but I wouldn't have you any other way.  Genuinely honest with expressing your feelings and definitely at times you do make me really laugh. :beer:

It is a blessing...and a curse!   :smokin:

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Evidently Kinzinger has never seen Star Wars.

Donald Trump wasn't destroyed and he "...will come back stronger than you can ever imagine".
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Killer Clouds

Trump isn't trying to hijack the DCP.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

A person who gets paid to say nice things about Kinzinger had nice things to say about him?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
More of what we have already seen!  Poser democrats waving the flag, loving the constitution, kissing babies, loving white people, accepting gun owners/ownership, Conservative as any Conservative ever was.....and then the election was over they they turned vicious towards those very same entities.  This very same game being played to trash and reject Trump, with the false facades.  Its getting to be a very repetitive wore out game doing this over and over.  More attempts to manipulate, the people they have contempt for.  Denial and clueless must end.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Kinzinger like so many are absolute nothings.  Since when does length of time in the party a metric?  Reagan was a cross over.  And the Bushes are two globalists that are not worth a good BM.  I consider globalist traitors.  The Bushes are in league with Clinton and Obama in their actions to destroy this republic.

Anyone paying close attention can see that Trump attempted to mirror everything after Reagan.  Even down to slogan, Reagan was Make America Great, and Trump Make America Great Again.  Kinzinger needs to be primaried and displaced.  His mindset accomplishes nothing.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL) said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press” that he had been a member of the Republican Party “far longer than” former President Donald Trump and declared that wasn’t going to “let him come in and hijack my party.”

@mystery-ak

So,this RINO slacker,who nobody outside of Illinois has ever heard of OWNS the alleged Republican Party?

I wonder how much the "good old boys" are paying him to do this?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
"Hijack?"  How does one hijack a parked car?

@Cyber Liberty

Especially one that ran out of fuel decades ago?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Victoria33

What else do you expect a spokesman,who is hired to say nice things about someone,to say?