Author Topic: Time Crunch for Afghanistan Withdrawal Is Producing a Big Trash Pile  (Read 303 times)

rangerrebew

Time Crunch for Afghanistan Withdrawal Is Producing a Big Trash Pile
One senator objects to the way troops are destroying equipment they don’t have time to sort. But there are reasons for it.
By Jacqueline Feldscher
Senior National Security Correspondent
May 13, 2021 01:44 PM ET

Sen. Joe Manchin is worried about the military’s wasteful destruction of equipment in Afghanistan, but analysts say troops are on such a tight timeline to leave, that they don’t have any other options.

Troops have sent more than 1,800 pieces of equipment to the Defense Logistics Agency to be destroyed, U.S. Central Command said in a statement Tuesday. In addition, more than 100 C-17 cargo planes of material have already been taken out of the country.

But destroying vehicles and other assets in Afghanistan “doesn’t make any sense,” said Manchin, D-W.V.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2021/05/time-crunch-afghanistan-withdrawal-producing-big-trash-pile/174021/

rangerrebew

Leaving a big trash pile in Afghanistan seems quite appropriate to me. :yowsa:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Using 9-11 as a target date for withrdraw incurred massive amounts of bad karma.....
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.